Veloster Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just received my 32GB Micro USB and installed.

Cruzer® Fit

Problem persists. :(

Oh well, paitently waiting for more instructions from those in the know.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
After playing with my HU all day while on the phone with Hyundai my dealer ordered me a replacement HU. It is being installed a week from Saturday.

I'll post back if the problem is fixed and what firmware, etc., is loaded on it.

BTW, although I have heard horror stories about other dealerships mine is always GREAT!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
New HU and everything is now working again. Songs start where I left off for USB, etc., I am now happy.

BTW, the HU Software Version is 5.1.16 where my old HU Software Version was 5.1.14.

Also, the Iris folder has the file mentioned in an earlier post.

Yay!

The tech said getting the trim off the dash was a B!tch.

·
Registered
309 Posts
That's interesting that there is a new head unit software. I wonder which one I have, and if it is possible to upgrade?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Question for those USB lovers here, how in the world is they way the head unit handles things acceptable?
I grabbed a 32GB stick on sale to test, and 2/3 of the time the head unit locks up scanning it.
The music is all left as sorted, it seems to have no idea what albums are, only folders (in other words compilations freak it out)
I was almost thinking having Gracenote on would help and give me albums, but after a week I've given up waiting 10-20 minutes every time I plug the full USB stick in with 7000 songs on it.

I admit I'm biased, the ipod in the car works fine, I was just looking for something winter/summer proof and I'm not seeing any positive aspects to the USB approach, am I missing something?

·
Registered
309 Posts
New HU and everything is now working again. Songs start where I left off for USB, etc., I am now happy.

BTW, the HU Software Version is 5.1.16 where my old HU Software Version was 5.1.14.
I checked my software version. I have 5.1.12. No wonder I have so many bugs! LOL It's ridiculous that we can't get a simple upgrade on a USB stick.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Maybe somebody will figure out how to pull the software out of a HU and create an installer we can download.

I would not be the first to try it though. A bricked HU is a definate posibility.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Maybe somebody will figure out how to pull the software out of a HU and create an installer we can download.
I would not be the first to try it though. A bricked HU is a definate posibility.
Have you read Dezoris' threads from last fall on why modding keeps hitting a brick wall? they're very interesting.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Has anyone checked the HMA Service site for headunit firmware-updates? My previous Accent (an '08) had the unit updatable by simply burning a file (that was on the site) to a CD, then popping it in the drive.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
According to Barry at Hyundai the entire update proceedure is managed by their OEM, LG and they (Hyundai) is very much against customers doing any updates themselves, namely via USB.
So as of right now, you want an updated head unit, you have to get yours swapped out by the dealer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have a 1tb external hd hooked up and it works...not flawlessly, but it works. i have to hit the reset button for it to work most of the time. even if i leave it plugged in when i shut the car off. i have about 600 songs, 2 movies, and 1 picture on it. any help with that dezoris?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
According to Barry at Hyundai the entire update proceedure is managed by their OEM, LG and they (Hyundai) is very much against customers doing any updates themselves, namely via USB.
So as of right now, you want an updated head unit, you have to get yours swapped out by the dealer.
That's disheartening to say the least. With the inability of Gracenote to work in anything near useful this is frustrating, especially since the unit is not easy to swap out for something more capable in a year or so.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Maybe if we all start bringing in our cars to have them swapped out under warranty, they will change their mind. It's stupid little things like this that might cause me to look elsewhere the next time I buy a car.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I asked that same question, it seems stupid to swap the entire head unit out for simple problems.
The response was, that's their contract with the OEM, its up to LG to come up with a process, and right now their only process is swapping the head unit.

I sent power point presentations to Hyundai about the need for updates and customer customization. It's on Hyundai to work with the OEM to improve it, it is on their radar. But for right now the only option is a full swap.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i am having the same non resume problem w/ my head unit dezoris i will attempt to use your fix over the weekend and let you know my results.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Dezoris, my iris folder is empty. the file you instructed me to rename/delete does not exist there. and consequently i am still having this issue. i scanned me scandisk 32gb thumb drive that i've been using since day one for errors as well as defragged it. so i am fairly confident that it's the head unit. any other ideas on how i can fix this?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Ok here is the folder zipped up. Replace the iris folder with the one attached and reboot the system after words.

So just delete the iris folder: \Storage Card2\DATA\Iris

Then copy the irs folder I attached.

If that does not work.

Go to storage card, find the system folder and delete iris.exe and add the one I have attached.

View attachment iris.zip

21 - 40 of 63 Posts