·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
If this exact model and look (except the paint job) were to come out today, I would trade in my VT in a heartbeat. But like OP said it's highly unlikely. This isn't even really a concept car.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
295HP what? I'd be in line for that! No backseat = weight reduction, lol. I rarely have more than one passenger in my car. I'd be interested in seeing the video that was mentioned!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
295 would be nice and DEFINITELY get rid of the back seat lol... But to be honest I was hoping for more in the motor area. I was thinking if you're going that radical, why not the 3.8... Rear drive? Maybe awd? If you're going to do it, go all out and make a serious performance car.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'll also wind up with a decent size trunk up front :) lol

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
It's a lot more than that. Lol. I'd buy that over my nav in a heartbeat.

This car isn't going in production. They've stated it's a one off. Now they may take some concepts from this car and put them in a newer model. Who knows...I'm gonna sit and wait tho. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
My plan is I'd like to either get an R-spec or just the Turbo in the matte gray paint. I don't know, something about that matte gray is sexy.

·
Super Moderator
4,396 Posts
I think Zach likes it too :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
This car needs to happen. And they've allready made this car into an AWD rally car. It's called the veloster Velocity concept. Rhys millen drives it. 400 hp AWD veloster.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't know that the mid mounted ever happened but the car in that picture certainly did hit production. And I'm happy for it. :D

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 68 VW Beetle, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
48 Posts
They are on to a couple revisions of the RM series, Hyundai has stated that they would like to build it which loosely translates to they will build it but not necessarily in the Veloster or Veloster N price range.
Car and Driver - December 2019

1 - 20 of 21 Posts