Veloster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I'm new to the forums and have a question about this part.

I replaced the stock BPV on my 2015 VT with the turbosmart TS-0203-1031(dual port). I did this because the original BPV had a tear in it, it gave me the P2261 code, and locally they wanted around 400$ for the original BPV.

Since the install, I am having issues with the piston in the BOV not opening. I replaced the spring that came with it, to the softer Blue spring TS-0203-3001, and that did not correct the issue either.

In the directions, that are provided with the BOV, it says :

With the engine running remove the vacuum / boost hose from the nipple in the cap of the BOV, there should be loud hissing
sound. The engine should idle poorly, double check by covering the end of the hose with your finger – otherwise the hose is blocked.

When I remove this hose there is no sound. I have inspected the line for damage and it appears to be fine. I was curious as to whether this should happen continuously since it runs to the solenoid or if that would only happen when the car was in boost. I tried free revving it, with the hose removed, and still no hissing.

I ordered a MAC valve ( MAC 35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA BOOST CONTROL 35A 12V-DC 1/8 IN NPT SOLENOID VALVE B238300 but have not installed it just yet. I was hoping to get some feedback from some of the members to see if anyone thinks that's the actual problem.

As of right now the BOV is vented to air, but I think I'm going to do the plumb back/VTA option, unless it's a better idea to go completely one way or the other. Suggestions are very welcome!

A few other notes on things I have checked or done are as follows...

Checked all o-rings on the BOV. They all appear to be fine.

I oiled all internal parts of the BOV with sewing machine oil when I replaced the spring.

It is also set to the softest setting, which is where it said to start it after installing it. I never had to move it from that position because the piston hasn't moved at all.

The BOV is the only upgrade to the car at this point, everything else is stock.

I'm getting the P2261 code again , after clearing it with the new BOV installed, but I would assume that's because it's not operating correctly as well as the plumb back port not being used.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
It's likely going to be the solenoid if everything else is intact, meaning none of the hoses are torn, are properly connected, and the electrical connections are still together. If the previous BPV was working properly (aside from the torn diaphragm) then perhaps you accidentally disconnected something during the install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply!

You were correct on it being the solenoid. It was cracked on the bottom side and wasn't visible until I removed it.

I replaced the stock one today with the MAC valve. I also replaced all three of the lines running to it. It's working so well that I actually had to put the original spring that came with the BOV back in, the blue one wouldn't cut it even turned fully to hard.

I just rigged the wires from the MAC valve to the stock plug to see if it worked. I have read a few places that it doesn't matter which wire,from the valve, goes to which side on the stock plug, can you confirm that? I ran the one with the white lettering on it to the red side and the all black one to the other.

I just found another thread where you mentioned the "EV1 Bosch fuel injector connector male". I ordered one of those, but it's going to be a bit before it's here.

Do you see any issue with splicing into the stock wires with quick splice connectors until I get that connector? I looked on a few local parts store websites and they do not seem to have that connector. Could there be another name for it perhaps or a generic part number since Hyundai doesn't have one for them?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
547 Posts
My apologies for having suggested it was the spring and causing you to spend $20. I brought it up because that spring fixed the P2261 on my plumb back. I don't foresee those splice connectors causing problems in the short term but long term they likely would. Once you get the proper connector put in I would repair where they spliced with say some liquid electric tape.

Found these connectors on eBay at a reasonable price. Might be able to sell the rest and make up the cost. They look identical to the one I used. EV1 Fuel Injector Connector Bosch Male Chevrolet Ford Dodge Audi Honda Set of 4 | eBay

Edit: After looking at who the seller is, he's the same guy I bought mine from. He owns a VT in Puerto Rico.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to give you an update on everything.

The new MAC valve fixed the issue with the BOV completely. I cleared the P2261 code and have driven the car about 150 miles so far and it hasn't returned.

I ordered the EV1 parts that you posted the link for. I'll get that on asap. I used the quick splice things for the time being and ordered the liquid electrical tape as well.

I'm still getting the P0456 code for the EVAP. I have already replaced the vapor canister purge valve, which the dealership originally told me was bad. I don't think it was, but I'm sure it didn't hurt to put a new one on.

I think I'm going to try some of the easier things first. New fuel cap and possibly replace the lines going to the vapor canister purge valve.

All in all, it's coming along.

Just wanted to say thanks again for all the help and suggestions you have provided. I appreciate it!

·
weekend racer
7,660 Posts
My canister purge valve looked a bit chewed up when I had p0456. The actual fix was the charcoal canister right next to it...

Reactions: LmLyP24
1 - 6 of 6 Posts