Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well to make a long story short I will post up a link to the long version of my build thread "over there" but I will be continuing it here because I really like the community here.

Enough of the soggy lovey dovey crap lets get into the one thing no Veloster owner can resist... PICTURES!

day one bone stock: Got her used with 1937 miles on her thanks for taking the $6k hit for me!

Phase 1: headlights baked LEDs upgraded, headliner dyed black, lowered on eibachs, 20/25mm spacers, and garage liner as a lip all around the car. I liked this look but it was too "normal" for me. I dont do normal with my cars.

and now: added a bit of green because blue was taken (thanks Puma now I have to change my interior to match the green) I couldnt find a yellow that I liked against the Matte gray and everything else was just too tame.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just got her back from the exhaust shop today after a week of being there. I tried to install my own Down Pipe and snapped a few bolts off my turbo... bleh, it sucks but things happen. It actually worked out to my benefit because I got a custom catless full 3" downpipe with 2 flex joints, V-band welded onto my turbo, my entire SOLO exhaust welded together, stiffer hangars, and exhaust tips. All for less than another guy paid to have his bolts replaced on his turbo. So yea it was a good day. Ill post up pics of everything once I get under there. Also this thing is FLIPPEN LOUD!!! didnt think it could get much louder than the SOLO but holy crap I wasnt expecting this. Gonna run it like this for a few days and let everything break in then decide if I want the resonator put in.

·
Super Moderator
4,332 Posts
What is your initial thoughts Too Loud?

·
Registered
477 Posts
video please sir!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as of right now, yes but only at WOT. if I keep it calm ( as in half to 3/4 throttle) it doesnt sound any different than the SOLO. but things are still wearing in so theres hope. on the plus side I can hear my turbo spool like crazy and that has a nice ring to it.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gosh your car is outstanding. The green lantern is jealous of it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
haha yea, so far she has been called green lantern, the Hulk, Ben 10, and Green hornet, anyone else want to give Roxy a super hero alter ego? lol

·
Registered
558 Posts
haha yea, so far she has been called green lantern, the Hulk, Ben 10, and Green hornet, anyone else want to give Roxy a super hero alter ego? lol
If my car matches they can be the green and blue ranger =P

·
weekend racer
6,622 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
if you can't hear the solo now... not sure what to tell you lol. are you happy with the tone? does it have a little rasp to you?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do those green lights provide sufficient lighting at night?
the headlights are 8000k HID's they just have an LED in there to give them a green tint.

Headlights on:

off:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
update: I got under the car and started checking all the welds because the sound was WAY too much, like Honda fart can loud... Hated it. I found a huge exhaust leak on the bend that goes over the rear axle area so that was the issue with how loud it was. So I took it in on friday and got the resonator installed and the leak fixed. heres the result:

Flippen PERFECT! exactly what I wanted out of my exhaust. nice and tame for daily driving then WOT is a nice throaty growl with some bite to it.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and since the car has been in the shop, my brickless grille project has been put on hold for a bit. I was really looking forward to this project. I may have to pick up an extra factory grille and mod that one since I dont really want to mess mine up. we shall see. Ill be posting a DIY on it eventually. Not gonna be for the inexperienced tho.

1 - 20 of 232 Posts