Veloster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Turbochargers don't lend themselves easily for repair. Normally what happens to a turbocharger is the bearings go bad and they start to leak oil due to the seal damage caused by the bad bearing.
I am thinking a new turbocharger is in the neighborhood of 400 bucks, although I may be wrong because that was quite some time ago. I don't believe those pictures you posted are accurately reflecting what the Veloster Turbo looks like. 馃檪

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

Turbochargers don't lend themselves easily for repair. Normally what happens to a turbocharger is the bearings go bad and they start to leak oil due to the seal damage caused by the bad bearing.
I am thinking a new turbocharger is in the neighborhood of 400 bucks, although I may be wrong because that was quite some time ago. I don't believe those pictures you posted are accurately reflecting what the Veloster Turbo looks like. 馃檪
So I was looking yesterday on those pages that they have a good rate in the market like 845motorsport and I found this I talk to somebody and they said that is the best mod I can do based on my stock internals鈥 but I was making sure that somebody did this before at home but I鈥檓 in a mechanic school with experienced ppl and my professor said he can help me to do it so I will make a post whenever I start the process and telling how it feels. My real problem is loosing boost on high rpms. I replace the wastegate actuator, bypass valve solenoid and the problem still happening鈥 also when I change my wastegate actuator I remove the hot pipe and it was oil residue there. P2261 did not want to leave my car alone鈥

Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

Registered
I'm reading this now and I am replacing mine right now and it is pushing $800 for the whole kit... you're welcome :) It is best recommended to buy the whole kit I am told.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts