Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my girlfriend bought a veloster for me for Christmas. Used of course. The sales guy at the car lot said it was turbo and it has the paperwork on it saying turbo. I don’t see any form of a turbo on the vehicle anywhere. Is there a way to check the vin to verify this ?

·
Super Moderator
4,365 Posts
yes, or you can take a picture of the engine bay and post it up and we can tell you

·
Registered
711 Posts
So my girlfriend bought a veloster for me for Christmas. Used of course. The sales guy at the car lot said it was turbo and it has the paperwork on it saying turbo. I don’t see any form of a turbo on the vehicle anywhere. Is there a way to check the vin to verify this ?
If it is a Veloster Turbo, it will have "TURBO" all over it, the seats, the body emblems, under the hood, the exhaust tips, the wheels, the interior. Just look at some Turbo pics and compare. There's no mistaking the Turbo for a NA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. It has it on the seats and the rear hatch but not the wheels or anywhere in the engine. Took it to hyundai and they were able to confirm that it isn’t a turbo model. Thanks for the responses and assistance guys.

·
Super Moderator
4,365 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Regardless, the dealer should know to be able to see a turbo in an engine bay and not just trust a badge. Hope you get your cash back for false advertising.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Regardless, the dealer should know to be able to see a turbo in an engine bay and not just trust a badge. Hope you get your cash back for false advertising.
You're assuming that the dealer was a Hyundai dealership. This is a used car and was possibly sold at a used car lot. Most of those guys don't know the details. Or possibly was traded in at a non-Hyundai dealership and they probably didn't know the difference in Hyundais.

You're also assuming it was advertised by the seller as a Turbo. Its very possible the OP's girlfriend assumed it was a Turbo by the badges without asking.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I guess you could say I'm assuming she wasn't assuming it wasn't a turbo, assuming it was advertised as an assumed turbo.... allegedly. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're assuming that the dealer was a Hyundai dealership. This is a used car and was possibly sold at a used car lot. Most of those guys don't know the details. Or possibly was traded in at a non-Hyundai dealership and they probably didn't know the difference in Hyundais.

You're also assuming it was advertised by the seller as a Turbo. Its very possible the OP's girlfriend assumed it was a Turbo by the badges without asking.
It was advertised as a turbo and the sales person told her it was a turbo

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Still interesting because it has the nav bumper.
Either someone crashed it and the bumper and engine got replaced or someone wanted to make his car faster with turbo badges

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Either way it’s a non turbo so It doesn’t really matter at this point. Thanks for all the input and assistance.
First, it's a 2012 and the turbo didn't come out until 2013 model year. Turbo generally costs more so it's not right for a car dealership to sell something that it isn't. I'd report this to the state consumer affairs at least.

Edit: I looked at the ads again and $1,500 is sooooo cheap if the car is even halfway decent! Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The car was more than 1500. The 1500 is if you finance it what they need down. She paid 4800 for it. But it’s all good. Live and learn she tried to do something good so I’m not really upset at all with her just the dealership but it’s over and done with. I appreciate all the info and input guys.

·
weekend racer
6,832 Posts
that's super shitty..

on the plus side atleast it was fully loaded nav. lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea it’s not a bad car over all just slow as hell. But it’s all good. It’s good on gas ha ha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We did and we got five thousand for court cost fees time off work to go to court etc.

Ended up buying a 2016 Veloster turbo legit turbo this time. Much much happier.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts