Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2014 VT Manual and have a MBRP catback/injen Intake, and Intercooler resonator delete. I obviously want more ponies out of this car but am stuck as to where my next mods should be. I have 95000 miles and worry I’ll need a new turbo soon just because it’s getting close to 100K+. Is a bigger turbo better or just get a brand new oem turbo and then build the motor a better plan? I’m also not sure if I would need to do Forged internals And all of that.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
95 Posts
+1 For OEM Turbo as well. Your turbo should technically still be good even with that kind of mileage.

·
weekend racer
7,555 Posts
I’m over 100k and flog the turbo often, competitively, it’s not an issue as long as you take care of it !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1 For OEM Turbo as well. Your turbo should technically still be good even with that kind of mileage.
Yeah I just want to get more power. A local mechanic said he can build my current turbo to a bigger housing and whatnot for the same price as a brand new turbo, I’m wondering if I should do that

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yeah I just want to get more power. A local mechanic said he can build my current turbo to a bigger housing and whatnot for the same price as a brand new turbo, I’m wondering if I should do that
Only if he is your brother-in-law, or some really close family member.
I will absolutely not laugh.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
415 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts