Veloster Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Who tuned it? TORK
Auto or Manual Transmission? Manual
Custom or Canned? Custom Stage 1.5
What were your Bolt-Ons? Full. 845 FMIC & CAI, Tork 3" Catless DP w/ 3" flange, Solo Exhaust w/ 3" flange and no res, Turbosocks HKS Style BOV
HP/TQ Dyno results (If you have them)? 198whp/194wtq before. 260whp/290wtq after.
Did you get a second ECU? Approx Cost? No
Tuned for what type of gas (87, 89, 91) 93
Your thoughts of increased performance, lag, Gas mileage? I didn't have the car long enough before to notice a change in gas mileage. Performance……..lol
Would you do it again? Definitely.

·
Super Moderator
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
@alek, welcome to a whole new world. Just keep your cool and don't go balls out everywhere you go and you'll be fine

·
Super Moderator
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
115 Posts
My car has 6500 miles on it now. Rotated the tires at 5k….almost bald lol they hate me. I spin through 2nd after getting tuned

·
Registered
89 Posts
Does anybody know where I can get this done to my 2013 turbo in southern Ontario?

Jamie (-:
Just drive down to soulful racing in PA it's not that far from Ontario like Toronto. I use to drive from Philadelphia to Toronto like three times a year, it was nothing. I'm planing driving to Jay when I get mine done and I live in Tampa lol ...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lookin to add a turbo to my 2012 Veloster..........Does anyone here have any experience with EnginePerformaceCHip.com? They have a universal turbo kit for $999 and I really want to add one to my 2012 Veloster. Has anybody had one added, and if so how much did it run you for the install, tune and dyno? Would you recommend a header, downpipe, or a new exhaust manifold (which they say is not in the kit)? Any help and/or info would be highly appreciated.
Thanks..........

·
Registered
93 Posts
Who tuned it: BTRcc
Auto or Manual Transmission? Manual
Custom or Canned? Canned
What were your Bolt-Ons? ADD W1 Catch Cans, NGK 1422 plugs, Injen CAI, & Cat-less
HP/TQ Dyno results (If you have them)? Sorry no..
Did you get a second ECU? Approx Cost? $700 for the ECU and tune
Tuned for what type of gas (87, 89, 91) 93 Octane
Your thoughts of increased performance, lag, Gas mileage? Thoughts? No. There is a huge difference in power. Little to no lag, and better gas mileage. Around 34 if cruising. I'm still spinning tires in 3rd gear!
Would you do it again? Oh yes! No reason not to! This tune changed the way the car drives and feels. I love it!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wheres the closest dyno tuner around? I don't want to drive across states when I do more to this car to get tuned. I can't find any local tuners in East Texas

·
Registered
25 Posts
Stupid question, can you switch out the ecu and put the stock one back in for warranty reasons? Or do you have to go to the company and have it done there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just so you guys know, I'm based out of Oklahoma City and I talked to Kyle at 845 Motorsports less than a week ago. He told me if I can get enough people dedicated, they'll come out here and dyno and tune on the spot, probably a weekend thing. I'm aiming for late summer this year. If you're interested, let me know. Usually, tuning companies want at least 10 people dedicated to an event to make it happen, and that stands here. If we can get enough people, I'll let him know and we can get the ball rolling on it. Right now he's doing N/A and VT, and he's working on Gen and Sonata/Optima.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put a racechip gts and pedal commander in my’19 velo t with dct
Also added a cat back and k&n air
Ran out of road but my obd2 app showed 311 hp. I’m not sure how far I was from max power, but there was still some left for sure. After previously driving a 2013 elantra gt, it feel pretty quick to me. Now, if only the N was available with DCT, I’d be all over it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I put a racechip gts and pedal commander in my’19 velo t with dct
Also added a cat back and k&n air
Ran out of road but my obd2 app showed 311 hp. I’m not sure how far I was from max power, but there was still some left for sure. After previously driving a 2013 elantra gt, it feel pretty quick to me. Now, if only the N was available with DCT, I’d be all over it.
No offense, but that leads me to question your obd2 app. No way are you getting 311 hp out of a racechip.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts