Veloster Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi To all... today I was wondering, how far can we go with the Auto tranny in the VT? in the past 3 years I've installed a couple of bolt on upgrades to my VT and next week i'll be installing the DD 1.5 auto tranny ECU tune and of course the next thing on the bucket list is to upgrade the stock turbo.

Does anyone specially Hyundai technicians know if the tranny is a shared components with the likes of Mitsubishi? are any info of internal parts that can be swapped from other transmissions? or anyone and I'm sorry to ask this, had busted his Auto tranny while upgrading his VT and how far he?she was in terms of HP/torque

I have installed all of this parts: Turbosocks FMIC, Injen BLK CAI, Synapse DV BOV, Intercooler Resonator Delete, MBRP Catback, Pierce Motorsports Highflow Cat Conv, DeatschWerks 65c Fuel Pumps, PROSPORT oil catch can and NST pulley kit and so far the tranny has hold up without any sign of trouble.

thanks for your time

jaime

Attachments

·
Registered
8,616 Posts
First off, get rid of the turboshits FMIC.

Second, check out my build thread for an idea of what kind of power you will be looking at.

Third, I'm not sure about shared parts but I somehow doubt it. If you wait til early next year, Level 10 is coming out with a bullet proof transmission for the automatic VT.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First off, get rid of the turboshits FMIC.

Second, check out my build thread for an idea of what kind of power you will be looking at.

Third, I'm not sure about shared parts but I somehow doubt it. If you wait til early next year, Level 10 is coming out with a bullet proof transmission for the automatic VT.
Hi Tuns, thanks for the prompt answer, can you be so kind a put a link of tour build? Looking forward to see it.
Second out of curiosity, whats up with the Turbosocks FMIC and possible sugestions. Again thanks for your answer and time.

·
Registered
8,616 Posts
The link to my build thread is in my signature.

The turbosocks FMIC has gaps between the hot and cold side so the hot air leaks to the cold side before passing through the intercooler. It's not a good design. 845 is the way to go or if you're willing to wait, the 6EE FMIC should be pretty good too.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,544 Posts
welcome to the club!

any chance you could elaborate on that trans tune? as far as i knew, only BTR and an up and coming vendor have unlocked the secrets of the auto trans.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The link to my build thread is in my signature.

The turbosocks FMIC has gaps between the hot and cold side so the hot air leaks to the cold side before passing through the intercooler. It's not a good design. 845 is the way to go or if you're willing to wait, the 6EE FMIC should be pretty good too.
Thanks, Got it is that the mobile version does not show signatures. Also thanks for the info about the FMIC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
welcome to the club!

any chance you could elaborate on that trans tune? as far as i knew, only BTR and an up and coming vendor have unlocked the secrets of the auto trans.
Im not looking only for tranny mapping. I was looking for beefier internal... etc... thats why I was wondering if the tranny was shared with other vehicles, for cross parts. But it seems that is exclusive for the VT for the moment

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
450 for the ecu I believe and I have no clue on dyno fee. Eric just drive down and find out and have some beer with your buddy nex

1 - 20 of 31 Posts