Veloster Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been doing a lot of research myself, as I also have the rally edition and it's gorgeous. I want to go with a full on stage 1 kit down the road in a couple months time, but the 2 companies I have looked at are sfrracing.com and btrracing.com I am very curious about the ecu reflash and was also wondering if there is anything specific to the rally as I know it's a little faster off the lot. I have personally done 157mph in it on a long stretch. I would love to drop a v6 tib engine or the newer genesis engine in there but that's only if I'm able to take this strictly as a track car..and again that'd definitely void the warranty which I don't want to do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why would you highly doubt it? Do you know me? Clearly not. Will you? Highly doubtful I don't have time for nancies in my life. It was an old road out in west texas. This entire conversation is becoming as petty as it is pointless.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hahahaha if that we're the case I wouldn't be in veloster forums. Now back to performance related questions and why I posted, looking for who does the best ecu tunes out there.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I see you've met our resident troll. There's several tuners that can tweak your ECM. Tork Motorsports, Blood Type Racing, Seouful Racing, 6th Element Engineering, and Eurocharged Performance are the most popular. They're each going to have their pros & cons as well as fans & haters.

I too am planning on getting a tune (hopefully soon) and want it custom done on a dyno (which is the most optimal method). Unfortunately being in Colorado the nearest place is in Texas, that being Eurocharged, so that's where I'll be heading. That's something else to consider, is your location.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What wires and program do we need to flash our ECU? In the past I was using ecuflash for my lancer... Can I use the wires with another program or are we using ecuflash... Though I thought they only supported Mitsu and Subies

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would suggest getting a K&N cold air intake, because it is a bolt on you can make about 10-15 extra hp while the install time is 2 hours and it is a lot cheaper than a $700 tune. You can pick one up for the cheapest being $150- the most expensive $300. I am not sure if it would be legal in cali since I am from the east coast I do not fall under those laws.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would suggest getting a K&N cold air intake, because it is a bolt on you can make about 10-15 extra hp while the install time is 2 hours and it is a lot cheaper than a $700 tune. You can pick one up for the cheapest being $150- the most expensive $300. I am not sure if it would be legal in cali since I am from the east coast I do not fall under those laws.
I have my doubts about a CAI would give 10HP.
If I want to be efficient what I have and keep it budget, this car first and foremost needs a more efficient hot pipe, maybe a better intercooler and the less restrictive cat back. Then with the cold air intake added, the car might be getting another 10hp, but I wouldn't even measure the horses, I'd rather be more interested in better throttle response and quicker boost and quicker revving engine, because the stock is great for groceries and driving from point A to B, but it is really aimed to save gas with the turbo mostly just to help with the torque and doing it quietly as possible.

BTW by then the car is ready for maybe stage 1 tune, but again, how far anyone really want to go to make the car a project, if it's only for getting around and maybe just keep it a daily driver.
I'm thinking about a hot pipe and possibly a nice but not too loud cat back setup and stop there. CAIs are ok with many, but as a daily driver , there is that drone from the air sucking sound from the CAI that could get annoying after a while.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts