Veloster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a base model veloster from 2012 , I’m trying to turbo it , I’m trying to get about 300-500 hp , because it’s too slow , where should I start looking and is it worth it ?? I’m at 155,000 miles

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
133 Posts
Good luck, even the well supported subaru crowd struggle building 300-500hp engines and typically requires engine blueprinting, machine work and carefull tuning on a dyno.

Not saying it's impossible but your starting in a hole metaphorically.

·
weekend racer
7,820 Posts
300-500 hp requires internals... check out tork motorsports, kdmtuners for block stuff.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The answer is no, its not worth it. I have a Veloster Manual none turbo and wanted the same.

The cost would be into the thousands to get a Turbo and all the proper cooling and what not with it to get it right not to mention i think you have to get bigger manifold.

Also, the car is so light weight, even with my base model with a mod exhaust and intake it peels out at half the power at a stop. This is with S rated Pherelli tires i got. 500hp would probably snap the drive train. Save your money and get a newer slightly used V-Turbo. Im not a mechanic or knowledgable about Turbos specifically but my research shows that the cost and time to try it on a base model is better spent just getting a better version or car. The Veloster N for example. But thats a $32k car.
Also, you would have to pay to tune the cars ECM.

·
weekend racer
7,820 Posts
the car is almost 3000lbs. my BIGGER jetta weights as much. its a fucking fatass lol

Reactions: absoluteyeti
1 - 6 of 6 Posts