Veloster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking my car to two smaller mom and pop shops, neither could diagnose the transmission going out. I broke down and took it to the dealer, and they were able to pinpoint the problem. I've been using smaller shops for repairs since my warranty ran out years ago, but I recently moved and my trusted shop is in another state. I also don't know if I can trust another shop with a DCT since they're not very common. The dealership quoted me $3900 for a remanufactured transmission, repair time is 2 days. I have no idea if this is a good or bad price. I've seen people online say I shouldn't pay more that $2000 for it, but they're usually talking about a traditional non-DCT. Am I getting railroaded by the dealership, or should I let them do the repair?

·
Registered
2012 Hyundai Veloster DCT
46 Posts
After taking my car to two smaller mom and pop shops, neither could diagnose the transmission going out. I broke down and took it to the dealer, and they were able to pinpoint the problem. I've been using smaller shops for repairs since my warranty ran out years ago, but I recently moved and my trusted shop is in another state. I also don't know if I can trust another shop with a DCT since they're not very common. The dealership quoted me $3900 for a remanufactured transmission, repair time is 2 days. I have no idea if this is a good or bad price. I've seen people online say I shouldn't pay more that $2000 for it, but they're usually talking about a traditional non-DCT. Am I getting railroaded by the dealership, or should I let them do the repair?
Is it 3,900 for full transmission and installation? Sounds alright, the dct ranges front 2,500+ and you’d have to look at the installation costs but sound like an alright price

1 - 4 of 4 Posts