Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guess I should start a ride/build thread. Mods so far are as follows:

Black plasti dipped rims

Red calipers

Blacked out front

Debadged/blacked out rear

Krauto led lighting kit (map, vanity, trunk, license plate and reverse light)

Sdx 8000K hid low beams

Led fog lights

Aem cold air intake

Magnaflow muffler

Red interior accents

Plasti dip eyelids

Future plans are lowering springs, strut tower brace and rear torsion bar. Maybe some hid hi beams too.
Now for some pics!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have two currently, the big one is a salt life and the other one on the passenger side is a top gear decal. I need to do another shoot of her with the newest additions.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm on the east coast of FL. I'm actually thinking of peeling off the dip and painting them black.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Attachments

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Painted the hood vent thing's red. Next is front hyundai emblem red, tint fogs. Peeled the dip off the headlights too, needed to be redone but not sure if I'm going to.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No I didn't. I just got some led fog lights from amazon cause the halogen figs looked like carp with the hid's.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Most the pics were taken close to my house.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So today after I got some coffee on my way into training I parked next to this beautiful red audi s4. Coming Out to my car the guy who owned the s4 asked me if the veloster was my slick little car. I said yes and he was amazed by it. Asked if he could look inside it and everything. Told me it was a great looking car and I told him his was nice to. His reply, eh it's alright I love the design of this car though. Totaly made my day.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Her first show.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Working on redoing my engine cover finally. changed my idea three times but my new idea is going to be sick if it comes out like I am picturing it.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What offset would be better for the nav. A +34 or +42? Looking at some rims for the future and not sure which will be better. I'm wanting to lower to do they new to work with springs. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Offset also depends on width. Stock is 7.5 wide and +49 offset. Folks have put 9-9.5 wide rims on but had +35 offset and they poked quite a bit. The best bet is find rims you like at a shop and have them test fitted before you buy. Most places will do that free of charge if there is a pending sale in their future. :)

A lot of the folks here will mention what they've tried that fitted, or that rubbed, but go with what looks and feels right for you.

If you search threads about rims and offset you'll see a lot of conversations with arguments. I was told for instance that what I ended up buying would rub & not fit right but they work for me and haven't rubbed or scuffed yet (245/35/18 on 18x8 +45).

General standard most folks have tried that works with lowered springs (ARK or Eibach) is keep stock rims and add spacers from 10-30mm depending on preference with either stock sized rubber (215/40/18) or 225/40/18. Going wider rims with a different offset is a bit of a black art. Folks have gone 8-8.5 wide with a +35 and it generally works for most of them but may poke a bit. Mind you, every size I'm referring to is on an 18 inch rim.

1 - 20 of 250 Posts