Veloster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Veloster 2014 and I recently bought a used set of wheels size 18x9 from the 17 from the factory. and a couple of miles later the TPMS low tire pressure light blinks and stays on. What should I do? do I have to buy new sensors?

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA(brother's now), 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
359 Posts
If the new wheels have tpms sensors you should be able to drive for a few miles and it will detect them unless they are bad or not there.

My summer wheels leave my light on because they do not have tpms sensors in them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the new wheels have tpms sensors you should be able to drive for a few miles and it will detect them unless they are bad or not there.

My summer wheels leave my light on because they do not have tpms sensors in them.
and can I just put the tpms of the old wheels to the new ones, even if they are different sizes?

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA(brother's now), 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
359 Posts
Easy anwser technically yes but they have to dismount all the tires to install them.

If you're keeping both sets just buy a new set or deal with the tpms light. The light doesn't effect anything except OCD people

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Easy anwser technically yes but they have to dismount all the tires to install them.

If you're keeping both sets just buy a new set or deal with the tpms light. The light doesn't effect anything except OCD people
jaja thank you!

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
i would double check that they are filled properly. the sensors on this car are the type that do not need to be programmed. maybe you got the wrong ones?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts