Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to leave this here as a record for others.

Mine is a 2012 NA with none navi head unit.

- A clock seems to be off all the time. Usually too fast or sometimes slow. [for years]

- Music from USB always starts from the beginning after parking the vehicle. [past 1-2 years]

- Touch screen sometimes works for short period of time when first driving for the day. [few months]
I have read bunch of posts about the same issue, but not clear what really fixed the problem. Problems will vary as I first had clocks off. Year later music stop playing from last song. Reset of device will occur each time the vehicle was being used.
To fix the problem, think about Microsoft Windows and how they require regular hard reboot. Considering Hyundai went with Windows CE for our Veloster, all the quirky problems in Windows transfer to our device. Many have reset the head unit but many had reoccurring problem. Some had the unit replaced during the warranted period, and etc.

To fix the problem, I held he reset button for 30 seconds [not one, five, ten but 30 seconds]. This was recommended by someone online on a different forum. It really worked as if the device is now back to normal as it was first time I brought the Veloster home. All these years and frustrating music reset, clock problem, and finally the touch screen not working. For past three weeks, everything including the clock is working without a single problem.:cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
The radio in my car will lose all touch functions every now and then and a regular reset won't fix it.
So what your saying is with the head unit on, press and hold the tiny reset button down for 30 seconds for a hard reset?
Also it would be great if you could post a link to the original site in which you find this out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The radio in my car will lose all touch functions every now and then and a regular reset won't fix it.
sounds like you have a static issue?

after 30 second hold; follow the mfg recommendation to clean the screen. I have used eyeglass cleaner which is "Anti-static, anti streak, and safe on AR coating" but it does seems to have alcohol mix because I can smell the scent. i understand i should not use a cleaner without alcohol but if it's safe for coated eyeglasses, it should be safe to use. spray little on a eyeglass cleaning cloth and slowly/lightly wipe it clean from edge to edge. my son who is a teenager smudges all kinds of stuff on the screen so I have regularly clean the screen with eyeglass cleaner without an issue nor damage to the screen. of course, whom ever reading this, this is just my experience and what works for me. each time it's cleaned, sensitivity is also improves.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My issue was not a static one, it was just parts of the head unit failing. I tried depressing the reset button down for 30 seconds, but it did not do anything different than just pressing it and releasing it quickly. I fixed my head unit by replacing a circuit board and screen from another.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have found that dirt seems to get between the screen and edge. My screen stopped working once after I cleaned it. I took the air hose from my compressor and blew out around all the edges of the screen. Has worked ever since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts