Veloster Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Veloster Base Manual
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put an Ingen short ram intake into my veloster and it’s great.

I want to add something to make it seem even more powerful. I was thinking about adding a throttle position gauge to my car. I saw a video, didn’t see too hard with the wiring, however, I was wondering what wire I should tap into to get the sensor going. Could I tap a wire from the pedal or one from the TPS (throttle position sensor)?

·
Registered
2014 NA Veloster 1.6L 4cyl M/T
12 Posts
I think I’m understanding, but you are referring to a throttle controller, right? One of those things that adjusts how fast the throttle opens when you step on the gas?

If that is what you’re talking about, I would 100% recommend it. I got the Roar Pedal for $160ish and I love it. It comes with Eco mode (I make 5 extra mpg, even when driving more aggressively), normal mode (exactly like it sounds), Sport mode (great for back roads), Sport + mode (like sport but a lot peppier), and Race mode (seriously fast. WOT the second you tap the gas makes for really fast shifting on the interstate 😂).

Long story short, it’s a great, cheap way to make your slow car feel super fast, and it makes driving really fun. The whole thing took all of 5 minutes to install. You just disconnect the sensor that plugs into the gas pedal, and plug in the controller between the pedal and the sensor. I also have an Injen SRI, and this was a great next step for me.
Plant Plant community Natural environment Natural landscape Grass

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I’m understanding, but you are referring to a throttle controller, right? One of those things that adjusts how fast the throttle opens when you step on the gas?

If that is what you’re talking about, I would 100% recommend it. I got the Roar Pedal for $160ish and I love it. It comes with Eco mode (I make 5 extra mpg, even when driving more aggressively), normal mode (exactly like it sounds), Sport mode (great for back roads), Sport + mode (like sport but a lot peppier), and Race mode (seriously fast. WOT the second you tap the gas makes for really fast shifting on the interstate 😂).

Long story short, it’s a great, cheap way to make your slow car feel super fast, and it makes driving really fun. The whole thing took all of 5 minutes to install. You just disconnect the sensor that plugs into the gas pedal, and plug in the controller between the pedal and the sensor. I also have an Injen SRI, and this was a great next step for me. View attachment 135442
Wow yeah that looks cool. Im getting one of these for sure now thank you. But thats not entirely what i was looking for. Basically I want to install a gauge that tells you your throttle position. Its kinda weird but Ive just been looking for random gauges to add to my car. I think im just gonna get an oil pressure sensor gauge though.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,249 Posts
i've had one of these in my cars for a decade.

fully programmable to show what you want. i display RPM, PSI, TPS, IAT, engine load and something else, lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trip computer Gauge Font Speedometer Odometer

That would work but i already have this guy in my obd2 port and its really cool. But i think i figured out on my own what i need to do. Ill post it in the future when i do it, a simple oil pressure gauge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts