Veloster Forum banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have to thank the original poster for this thread. Quite informative and well done.

I had to do this to my Accent and love the added performance it provided on highway roll one and WOT pulls.

I modified a brake line and pressed it into the drilled hole for a factory look and even went so far as to shave the 2 plate screws for better flow at the top end.
Should do well once I do the VT engine swap and something I won't have to buy again. 😎

Here is the one I got from EBay brand new for $60.
"Brand new Throttle Body 351002E000 For 2015 Hyundai Elantra GT 2.0L 1999CC"

Great mod and should have come with this from the factory.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Instead of drilling it could you just use the tb spacer that has 3 ports built in?
ow
Instead of drilling it could you just use the tb spacer that has 3 ports built in?
Exactly what I was thinking. I watched someone on YouTube port the hose this way with an Elantra TB swap and even commented back and forth with him about it. He didn't mention any failure and everything worked fine in the video.

I was going to just have my original bored out, but it's cheaper for the used Elantra TB and the spacer from Sxth element.
I don't know if spacers produce a lot on this platform, but I assume more plenum space is better than less and it serves a purpose with the port. I'll be doing this to my car in a month or so and I'll report back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I did the Elantra tb swap. Just finished up a few minutes ago. I bought the spacer from KDM Tuners and it came with three vacuum ports, the correct vacuum Barb for our car is provided along with plugs for the other two holes.

I did run into the issue of fitment because of the spacer though. The mount points are rubber though, so my dad and I basically used force to make everything fit... YOLO.

Also wrapped it in DEI gold reflecta tape because it was a convenient time.

Everything else was exactly as Tuns did it without the drilling. I can upload better pics later if needed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looks good and the water bypass looks good as well.
Give us some feed back on how the car does now with the bigger throttle body.
👍

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks good and the water bypass looks good as well.
Give us some feed back on how the car does now with the bigger throttle body.
👍
Thank you sir. So far after 15 miles home the car feels great. Exhaust sound is somewhat different, but it's hard to tell. Power feels smooth off the line and maybe even throughout the power band, but I couldn't really do much because of traffic. I really can feel the difference and I kind of thought it would be one of those mods that people think they're feeling a difference, but aren't. It was a pleasant surprise. $45 for the throttle body (Ebay) shipped and 70 for the throttle body (KDM) with 9 dollar priority mail charge.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you sir. So far after 15 miles home the car feels great. Exhaust sound is somewhat different, but it's hard to tell. Power feels smooth off the line and maybe even throughout the power band, but I couldn't really do much because of traffic. I really can feel the difference and I kind of thought it would be one of those mods that people think they're feeling a difference, but aren't. It was a pleasant surprise. $45 for the throttle body (Ebay) shipped and 70 for the throttle body (KDM) with 9 dollar priority mail charge.
Once you start getting on the throttle you'll really notice a more efficient acceleration.
Highway speed roll on's are easier and at wide open throttle to redline you'll really feel the hydraulic valve/ cam actuation come into effect. It reminds me of V-Tec from the Honda's I've driven and with the 60mm tb it really comes on stronger.

You might even see an increase in mpg's if you can stay out of the throttle. 😂😉
Good luck with it and enjoy. 🙏🏽👍

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great post! Thank you Tuns. I was also thinking of going with the 3 port spacer option on my 2017 NAV. Anyone know the correct TDM spacer to buy? Are the spacers 60mm or larger or are they defeating the purpose and drilling is the only option?

I live in CT, so I bought two 1/2" to 3/8" couplers and a 3/8" coolant hose to attach to the Elantra TB.

·
weekend racer
6,607 Posts
the spacers are 60mm and larger but drilling is very easy.

·
weekend racer
6,607 Posts
words of advice, and it's easier while you have everything apart. the two coolant tubes should be parallel to each other (like the stock TB) i would bend the one pointing toward the intake straight with the one pointing down.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks for the pics, looks great. As winter approaches and I put my NAV away in storage, I am thinking of little projects to do over winter. Is there any benefit to doing this to a non-turbo? If throttle response is smoother etc over both models I would be tempted to try it

·
weekend racer
6,607 Posts
small benefit. it's one of those inch mods. every inch you add, you eventually get a foot.

·
Registered
217 Posts
small benefit. it's one of those inch mods. every inch you add, you eventually get a foot.
Thanks - this damn car keeps making me want to do things to it, lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Job complete. Hardest part was removing hoses. Pretty simple install. Performance gain isn't huge, but will probably increase as the computer learns. As with all other incremental mods, I've noticed improvement after a while. Never did a reset or tune. Daily driver.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Job complete. Hardest part was removing hoses. Pretty simple install. Performance gain isn't huge, but will probably increase as the computer learns. As with all other incremental mods, I've noticed improvement after a while. Never did a reset or tune. Daily driver.
Hey that looks really good. What materials did you use to make the airbox?

101 - 119 of 119 Posts