Veloster Forum banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I hope you didn't do that. 1.6l gdis CNT handle tht
can't handle what? marginally more air??? The motor is factory fitted with a turbo charger... a device designed to stuff more air into the cylinders than would be able under normal conditions. We need to better understand how moderately opening up the throttle body on a forced induction motor would create any issue at all before we could accept a statement like this

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hope you didn't do that. 1.6l gdis CNT handle tht
can't handle what? marginally more air??? The motor is factory fitted with a turbo charger... a device designed to stuff more air into the cylinders than would be able under normal conditions. We need to better understand how moderately opening up the throttle body on a forced induction motor would create any issue at all before we could accept a statement like this
I'm just saying, first the plugs can only take so much, 2, if you force too much air, there's a point where the injectors can't spray enough, 3 it could cause piston damage, etc. I'm just saying its a risk you're taking. It could be fine though, who knows?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
7,979 Posts
AFAIK the injectors easily take bolt ons + a tune. i don't believe sonofjohn's "tork" car has upgraded injectors and its around 500whp.

99% of the folks on this board are not going to be anywhere near that level.

·
Registered
79 Posts
AFAIK the injectors easily take bolt ons + a tune. i don't believe sonofjohn's "tork" car has upgraded injectors and its around 500whp.

99% of the folks on this board are not going to be anywhere near that level.
what kind of bolt on's are you talking about with the injectors? When is a good point to tune? I've read about it on this board but since you mentioned it, I thought I might ask now. With my 04 Tahoe, I waited until I replaced the entire exhaust and intake system before tunning as it wouldn't have run right if I tuned then changed these things out.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
7,979 Posts
bolt ons, ie. tb/intake/big turbo/exhaust.

the ECU is "very smart" . you'll get scraps of additional power with bolt ons, but a tune is required to unlock their full potential.

·
Registered
79 Posts
bolt ons, ie. tb/intake/big turbo/exhaust.

the ECU is "very smart" . you'll get scraps of additional power with bolt ons, but a tune is required to unlock their full potential.
Got it... I miss understood and was trying to wrap my head around what a bolt on injector upgrade looked like! Just got notification that my Elantra TB shipped to the house so we will see what it looks like when I get home. Picked it up used and cheap so it is sure to be all gunked up and nasty! haha. When I go to the parts store do I buy the gasket for the Elantra or the Veloster or does it matter?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
7,979 Posts
honestly i would just toss it on as-is. looks pretty decent after your cleanup.

Reactions: Incognito

·
Registered
2 Posts
I follow all instructions and now in park with the a/c on the rpms goes hi and low continuously. If I turn off the a/c everything is normal. Any suggestions?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
7,979 Posts
double check for vacuum leaks.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts