Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve had my Veloster for a few weeks now and it’s a really nice car.
Modern and flashy and nice on the inside.

But one little trivial thing really bugs me about it….

Whenever I’m driving it and I'm in traffic when the car comes to a complete stop in the traffic it goes really quiet which I like but just before the car comes to a stop it makes kind of a deep humming noise for 3 or 4 seconds.

Is everyone's Veloster like this?

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
humng? like the intake sound u mean?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I drive the 6AT base and I don't have this problem either.

If you can, try and get a video or sound clip. If your car is under warranty, i'd get that checked out too.

The only issues I have with my V is the touch screen is freaking awful and whenever I'm in auto mode, the car shifts between 1st and 2nd, it's SUPER jerky.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Could you just be experiencing/hearing the car downshift into a lower gear, making the RPMS go up (thus making the engine louder)?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
This^^
I have an auto NAV and I don't recall this happening unless if I'm in SM and am down shifting. Try and get a video if you can:)
Driving in traffic in it sucks though. It's so jerky it feels like your driving a standard.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Yeah I don't have it either and I'm in a DCT...no jerky feeling and I drive my baby ONLY in sports mode, lol.
I'd have to agree that it may be the intake, but honestly I'd call the dealership and have them check it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Doesn't sound right. I have a NAV dct/auto (whatever you prefer to call it) and I don't have any weird humming or jerkyness.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
It's probably just large car envy -- your Veloster wants to be a Hummer! LOL

But seriously, my 2012 NAV DCT never ever hums. Idle has been and remains both smooth and quiet.

·
Super Moderator
4,323 Posts
A annoyance for me is why did they put the paddle shifters on the column instead of steering wheel especially when first gear is so short? Be nice to shift in a sweeping turn right from where your hands are positioned at the wheel

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
It's humming cos it doesn't know the words ;)

I wonder if it's only the ones that can hold a tune that do this :)

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
A annoyance for me is why did they put the paddle shifters on the column instead of steering wheel especially when first gear is so short? Be nice to shift in a sweeping turn right from where your hands are positioned at the wheel
???? Mine are on the steering INSTEAD of the column, which I'd prefer. When I go to take off and turn right, the upshift is now at the bottom or to the left, and I have to hunt for it - super annoying...

·
Super Moderator
4,323 Posts
???? Mine are on the steering INSTEAD of the column, which I'd prefer. When I go to take off and turn right, the upshift is now at the bottom or to the left, and I have to hunt for it - super annoying...
Please take a pic of that. Mine stay stationary on the column and do not move with the wheel which I prefer. Did they change this?

·
Super Moderator
4,323 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts