Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a new Veloster auto in red - but I have read so many bad reviews - I need some feedback to help me decide. HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
452 Posts
Bad reviews?
People just complain about it having 3 doors because they have no imagination.
They also say its underpowered, but it's amount of power fits the car just right.
Some say it looks bad, some say it looks good, it's all up to the viewers preferences.
If you get a non-Turbo, the headlights are halogens and are not very good. You can simply adjust and aim them upwards by turning a specific screw yourself.
People complain about automatics, but they do that on every car. By the way, those people are hardcore enthusiasts and traditionalists, they'll side with a manual anyway. An automatic will get the job done easily for you.

The Veloster has one of the best on-screen media entertainment programs ever, and its very interactive and customizable.
It has great cornering, while handling is not as good but still good.
It gets amazing MPGs, I can usually get up to well above 50 on the right roads.
It's very fun to drive, and you can enjoy the unique and (depending on package) colorful interior.
It is a very safe car. For example, my mom hit a deer straight on with mine, and just drove it home. Just like that.
Much more, but I can't say it all.

The only definite problem you could face, would be a peeling steering wheel. The leather/pleather can start peeling and fading off, not a serious problem

In general, the Veloster is a great car.
Especially in Australia, you all don't get the stupid orange side reflectors.

If you have specific questions or anything, feel free to ask.

Reactions: Veloster SR KK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I have the 2015 Red Auto VT and it's just so much fun to drive!

To be honest I find it really easy to speed when not continuously looking at the speedo haha.

I find it pretty comfortable to sit in for decently long drives. Looks stylish and attracts eyes! I've had many compliments while I've had this car even when just bought from the dealership (I think it's called stock standard).

I reckon it's a fantastic car in general!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, and happy to hear you like it :)
It is a great car, and hopefully you'll lie it more and more over time.

Reactions: Veloster SR KK

·
Registered
63 Posts
Eh, its a unique car that's for sure. Tuning wise, don't waste your time. I've owned two of them, then I bought a 2015 GTI. World's better.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I find it strange that you have read so many bad reviews - Velosters are great cars and it was the great reviews that convinced me to actually buy one, even though I loved them from the start. If you can, I recommend buying the turbo though because it really is much better. I have had my turbo Veloster for about 2.5 years now and have never regretted it - it drives beautifully both in the city and on the open road. Never had any trouble with it and the service people have been great. You may get derisive looks from GTi owners but seriously the Veloster is a great little package. It's pretty quick and you get the benefits/extras that other quicker cars don't have. I think the Veloster wins hands down against GTis and other cars in the looks department and I have had so many people admire my car. In comparison other quicker cars look either boring or dated. It is really a 'warm' hatch and not a hot hatch or sportscar though, so I guess you need to decide what's important to you. If speed is number one, then maybe the Veloster isn't for you. If I was going to race one, I probably would have bought an 86 or something else. But if you are looking for a quick little car with loads of style and extras, the Veloster is perfect, especially for the price. If you want more opinions, this forum is pretty quiet, you may want to look at joining the Veloster Australia Facebook group, or the Veloster Turbo Facebook group (USA).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in Australia and bought a 2016 Sr
it has a rough accelleration and by all reports that's the way they are.
hydandai now about it but choose to ignore it.Outside that it ok
if you have your heart set on one ,then go for it but if not look else were

1 - 7 of 7 Posts