Veloster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm currently looking to buy a 2nd gen Veloster Turbo (only want stick so it's probably gonna be an r-spec). I test drove one today, 15kish miles, 2020 r-spec in space grey and I am very interested in buying it. What are things to look out for?
Also, what would be a good price to pay for it.
2020 Veloster Turbo r-spec
15k miles
Space Grey
$19k asking price.
Cosmetically and mechanically fine, there's just a decently large scrape on the front bumper(palm sized)

Also, it's been being run on 87 so far which is the recommended octane, is it beneficial for me to run it on 91 or 93? I'll be driving it pretty hard so I don't want to risk autoignition at all.

Thank you for your responses!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, I'm currently looking to buy a 2nd gen Veloster Turbo (only want stick so it's probably gonna be an r-spec). I test drove one today, 15kish miles, 2020 r-spec in space grey and I am very interested in buying it. What are things to look out for?
15k miles
Space Grey
$19k asking price.
Cosmetically and mechanically fine, there's just a decently large scrape on the front bumper(palm sized)

Also, it's been being run on 87 so far which is the recommended octane, is it beneficial for me to run it on 91 or 93? I'll be driving it pretty hard so I don't want to risk autoignition at all.

I got my 2020 r spec 450 miles. 20k out the door.

Its a great car.. the seats KILL my back, and are super cheap. I wish they put in the seats from the 2 other turbo models.

Fun car. It would be better if I wasn't in pain after 20 minutes

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
552 Posts
15k miles
Space Grey
$19k asking price.

First of all this car you're looking to buy should be running on 91-93 octane fuel whether it's made for 87 or not.

The small abrasion or scratch needs to be fixed by the seller before you buy at that price I would think. Who was the last owner?
Get their number and call them about their car if you really want to know about it's history.

If this is being sold by a dealership ask for a history report on it so you know there's been no wrecks or accidents with this car.

I really don't see the issue with the seats in these cars and why people are having their backs aching after a short time? 🤔
Maybe some time time in the gym may alleviate that as they're working those muscles to hold up their torso. 😂🤷🏼‍♂️
Sorry I had to go there but considering the age group of these people buying these cars and most never train or work out so back pain is inevitable.

Also see if there's any maintenance records by the last user or the dealership to verify the car has been properly maintained.
If you're not mechanically inclined or know little about cars have a mechanic friend help you check out the car.

Other than that good luck with your decision.
These really are great cars and the manual gearbox is the way to go. 👍
Kind of hard to heel toe an automatic. 😂😜

1 - 3 of 3 Posts