Veloster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is driving fine yesterday when I spot the TCS light comes on and I try to press the button, and another light appears next to it "TCS off". I don't think much of it as the car seems normal and I was nearing my destination.

Get there and my car won't shift out of drive, only into neutral. So I popped the release back on, and was able to get it into park. And that's how I managed to get home, where my wife realized the brake lights weren't working either.

I pulled B/U1 and B/U2 fuses and they're fine. Replaced them but the issue still persists. I'm seeing a lot of different possible issues, neutral safety switch or even a vacuum pump have the same symptoms.

Hoping anyone can provide some insight to this. Thank you very much.

Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 馃か
Car is driving fine yesterday when I spot the TCS light comes on and I try to press the button, and another light appears next to it "TCS off". I don't think much of it as the car seems normal and I was nearing my destination.

Get there and my car won't shift out of drive, only into neutral. So I popped the release back on, and was able to get it into park. And that's how I managed to get home, where my wife realized the brake lights weren't working either.

I pulled B/U1 and B/U2 fuses and they're fine. Replaced them but the issue still persists. I'm seeing a lot of different possible issues, neutral safety switch or even a vacuum pump have the same symptoms.

Hoping anyone can provide some insight to this. Thank you very much.
What year of the car and I'd presume it's an autotragic I mean an auto tranny car you have. 馃槈馃榿
How many miles also.
It could be a clock spring issue or a grounding issue to the bcm or body control module.
Do an ECM reset by pulling the negative post of the battery and pressing the foot brake to kill all stored power. Hook battery up and do a drive cycle making sure the brake lights work.
Brake lights still not working then look under the dash and see if the switch is engaging. It may need adjusting or has gone bad. A continuity check will tell it it's good or bad.
Go from there and let us know what's up. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry.... Totally missed this important piece of information. Super fog brained right now. Yes it is automatic haha 馃槄

2015 Veloster Re:Flex
75k miles

I'll try to get this done then i'll hopefully return with some results.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Disconnected the neg terminal and pressed on the brake like you said and still the car won't shift from park, brake lights aren't working and it won't shift either.

I was able to hook up my ODB reader and got two codes C1513 and B2500. I was able to clear the current codes and the TCS light went away, but it came back a few moments later.

weekend racer
2014 VT manual

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Front headlights aren't working either, I just checked the brake switch and it looks like the plunger is getting good contact, i'll have to pull it off and check it to see if it's faulty.

Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 馃か
I've heard of the ECM wiring being chaffed through causing similar problems as you're encountering.
Pull the battery, remove the battery plate hold down, and remove the ECM from its retainer.
Have a look for any wires chaffed or broken on the harness.

Hope you get it figured out for sure. 馃檹馃徑馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Think I may have found the issue. After checking a bunch of fuses I came up empty. Then I remembered my trailer wiring (lol) has a fuse next to the battery.
I open it up and it鈥檚 blown. I鈥檓 gonna run to auto zone and pray this was the cause of my issue.
I鈥檒l update it on here once I test it out.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, that didn't do anything. Pulled the trailer harness off and connected tail lights back to vehicle harness, and removed power from battery to trailer harness. Still experiencing the same issues. Both bulbs in the tail light look fine. Unfortunately I have to wait for help to remove the battery. Just had an invasive surgery and can't sweat/lift too much. Hoping I figure this out before I go back to work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts