Veloster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all , i was looking through all sorts of key fobs available and i came across a folding switchblade / remote key for the accent does anyone know if this can be used for the 2015 v-rspec . i thought i would ask around here to see if anyone has one for theirs i am going to the local dealership parts to see if it is available . i think i would rather have that versus the seperate key and remote i have know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would also really like something like this. But it seems like a PITA to ship my key out. Would I not be able to take it somewhere and have it copied?

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is exactly what I was looking for, does anyone have any experience working with Concept III company? Anyone actually have a success story with it?

Just bought the 2016 veloster rally and while I'm loving it the car, the key/fob feels too old school and cheap :\

·
Registered
253 Posts
This is exactly what I was looking for, does anyone have any experience working with Concept III company? Anyone actually have a success story with it?

Just bought the 2016 veloster rally and while I'm loving it the car, the key/fob feels too old school and cheap :\
I've been really wanting to get it. Just hesitant lol. Concept III is a pretty big company too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
$85 is pretty pricy, but it is a very sexy alternative. I wonder if there have a guarantee that it will work? I tried calling them yesterday but they are out of the office until Monday.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
If your key fob works right now then the switch key will work. It's a case for your remote. And according to their site they have a dealer cut the key.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are also 2 different type of blade cuts that factory does, (Standard) the ones with the teeth on the outside there is a $10.00 key cutting service available, and for the other type (Laser) of cut where the teeth are inside the blade, that is a $35.00 service charge.

Does anyone know if it has be laser cut or can be standard cut?

I haven't had the chance to give them a call yet, but will try sometime this week!

·
Registered
253 Posts
There are also 2 different type of blade cuts that factory does, (Standard) the ones with the teeth on the outside there is a $10.00 key cutting service available, and for the other type (Laser) of cut where the teeth are inside the blade, that is a $35.00 service charge.

Does anyone know if it has be laser cut or can be standard cut?

I haven't had the chance to give them a call yet, but will try sometime this week!
It has to be laser cut to make it work for ours.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Been a long time, but I finally ordered the flip key from Concept 3, and shipped over my key/fob! They said that it'll probably take about 1 - 1.5 weeks for it to get back to me so looking forward to it! I'll take pictures and give a review when I get it back. It cost about $87 including shipping which still makes me cringe, however I'm justifying that I'll be keeping the car for at least 9-10 years so it'll really only cost me about $0.73/month during that time frame.

I was thinking of going to a local dealer to have it cut, but they quoted me around $45-$50 dollar for the laser cut key... without accessibly either of course.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finally got my flip key by Concept 3 : )

I can definitely say that the build quality is excellent, and everything worked right away. Since it was holiday season, USPS took an additional week to get it delivered but that's not Concept 3's fault. The overall time took about 2.5 - 3 weeks from door to door.

It's a good weight, not too heavy and not too light, and I love how the switchblade mechanism snaps open immediately and has a satisfying snap to close.

The cost is a bit high at around $85 shipped, but I prefer not having to find a dealer to get it laser cut (which actually would have cost me $45 at my local dealer), and try to assemble it myself.

I'm definitely enjoying the clean look, and not having to mess with a separate key + fob anymore.

IMG_1997.JPG IMG_1995.JPG IMG_1996.JPG

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wow awesome! Thanks for the update :D
I am definitely getting mine soon :p
Have you tried opening them where the screws are?
Just to see how easy it is to change the battery when needed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow awesome! Thanks for the update :D
I am definitely getting mine soon :p
Have you tried opening them where the screws are?
Just to see how easy it is to change the battery when needed
hm nope not yet, but it seems very easily accessible. I'm not going to try yet though till I have to haha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally got my flip key by Concept 3 : )

I can definitely say that the build quality is excellent, and everything worked right away. Since it was holiday season, USPS took an additional week to get it delivered but that's not Concept 3's fault. The overall time took about 2.5 - 3 weeks from door to door.

It's a good weight, not too heavy and not too light, and I love how the switchblade mechanism snaps open immediately and has a satisfying snap to close.

The cost is a bit high at around $85 shipped, but I prefer not having to find a dealer to get it laser cut (which actually would have cost me $45 at my local dealer), and try to assemble it myself.

I'm definitely enjoying the clean look, and not having to mess with a separate key + fob anymore.

View attachment 98937 View attachment 98945 View attachment 98953

What’s the number on the blade? I’m trying get a key made for my switchblade fob but, can’t figure out the part number for the key.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts