Veloster Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just bought this 2016 veloster turbo. The sunroof isn’t wanting to open all the way. The sunshade moves back and forth. But the actual glass part only opens about an inch I’d say. It will open up but just stops dead in it tracks. Im not thinking motor cause it wouldn’t open at all or I wouldn’t hear the motor. I did the reset this where you hold the bottom up for 10 seconds and then it moves and you release and it’s supposed to reset it. Now the sunshade isn’t automatic anymore. I’ve also looked in the tracks and see nothing blocking it. Any ideas on what could be the issues and how to fix it? Should I take it to a dealership and see what’s wrong? I don’t wanna be paying a bunch of money for a simple sunroof.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,350 Posts
maybe get a friend and give it a jiggle... then clean up the tracks. im not sure what to lube them with, that's a great google question though.

Reactions: tom_boss11

·
Registered
2014 Veloster NAV Manual
2 Posts
I bought my 2014 Veloster used in 2017 with 15000km on it. Shortly after buying my car (around 20,000km) the sunroof jammed up and wouldnt close all the way. I took it to the dealer, they looked at it and said it was a common problem and would be covered under warranty. They replaced everything including both tracks and the glass, the parts alone were $3600.

Now I spray some fluid film on both tracks every now and then (usually when I do my oil change) and haven't had any issues so far. I now have 74,000km on my car and the sunroof still works great

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lube wise, I would go with something that is NOT oil-based.

If it got gunked up, the oil is going to make that even worse (attracts dust and stuff).

Graphite or synthetic. Anything that says "dry lube" should work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts