Veloster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried using the Thule 487 Short Rood Adapter on their Veloster? Will it allow the sunroof to still open?

I just got in the last piece for my Thule Aeroblade setup (been putting it together on the cheap as I can find pieces on sale or going for low prices on eBay) and I'll probably try to install tomorrow evening if I get home in time. I'd really like to still have full use of the sunroof, though.

Thanks for any info you have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For anyone else looking at doing this, it doesn't appear like the adapter would help, at least with the Rapid Traverse foot pack. The feet are large enough that you can't even tilt the sunroof up without coming in contact, even though with them positioned a little farther up than Thule's directions indicate (I'm going to move them back, because they aren't level that way and it drives me crazy).

Looks like no open sky for me anymore. Worth it to carry my surfboards, though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grrr. I need an edit function, but I think it's still clear what I was saying. Sorry for the mangled language.

Also, with the Thule Aerobars, I don't seem to be suffering from any noticeable loss in MPG, at least driving in town.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts