Veloster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought two 12 inch subs and amp for my veloster and any help with the install would be gladly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip and by any chance do you guys know were the factory amp is located? I've heard under the passenger seat but there seems to be nothing there

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
For real 2 12's is Ridiculous inside a V. IMO.

Installing a sub is pretty easy. Like Drew said, Google it. The Power of the amp will determine the gauge wire you should use for the power & ground. The lower the number the thicker the wire. You can almost never go too thick :p I honestly think 1 12 with the right amount of power will be enough. Did you buy a tube for the speaker or a sealed box? Also a Power Capacitor will help with the power surging. Not sure how good the charging system is in this car, but in most of my previous cars I would run a Power Cap...Just in case :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah 2 12 is a lot but I like my bass hahah and I'm already running HID lights off my battery so I might have to buy a capacitor for the subs and the subs are in a box

·
Registered
156 Posts
lol I have a 12" on a 1200 watt amp and I feel like just one is overkill. If I crank that thing up the mirrors inside and out shake and the license plate rattles to boot. A single 10" i feel would be perfect. I had never installed a Sub and Amp before either. Thanks to google I got in done in about 1 hour :) I have the non-dimension sound system though w/no built in amp. The hardest part for me was hiding all the wires.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Thanks for the tip and by any chance do you guys know were the factory amp is located? I've heard under the passenger seat but there seems to be nothing there
I'm assuming you have a base model NAV/VT? Not sure where yours would be located if it isn't in the front passenger side.

I've got the Tech package and my Amplifier is located in the front passenger side, while on the driver side is the 110v AC Inverter.

I'm sure the VT Ultimate has the same setup as mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK so I got it all figured out and installed it took longer than I expected because it started to rain haha but I can't seem to figure out why my speakers crack when I start to turn up the volume any help ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
More than likely something is finding it's way to ground. That is a tough one to find if it's intermittent. On the sub, I have to chime in with the others. Two 12" is way too much for the space. You will have a time getting that system to sound good. Just not enough volume in this car to run those speakers at the frequency they need to run at. The dual 12's are going to fight each other. I am running a single Focal KX33 in the spare tire well, off an Audison Voce 5.1K (500W to the Sub), and the base is amazing. I guess it depends on what you are looking for, but if it were me I would invest in a processor before adding additional speakers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 base model. Trying to install Rockford fosgate sub and a kenwood amp. Have an inline converter. Power and ground are ran. Remote is ran from the fuse box. I’m struggling to find the speaker wires. I’m accessing them from under the dash at the well by the passenger door. The only sound I’ve gotten so far is a repetitive knock every three seconds. I need some help as to where I’d the easiest place to find and get ahold of. Also I was told my inline converter could be bad and if so that I can wire the rca right into the speaker line. Does anyone have any experience with this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
Jraw5729
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing