Veloster Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have JL audio C250X door speaks about 4 speakers in the car with a 800watt Amp just for the rear speakers underneath the passenger seat powering all 4 speakers

I'm planning on adding 2 subs that are gonna be about 2000 Watts of power. But now the alternator stock went to **** current moment is already going to ****. As of right now it's Parked outside an autozone . I was just curious on what alternator I should replace my stock with because I do plan on going kind of big on this project if anyone has a recommendations or info I would really appreciate. My stereo doesn't turn on but everything else does it also doesn't start just click click click

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,756 Posts
what is your mileage? i just did the alternator on my 2014 at 128k. how old is your battery?

have you properly tested any of the components?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Make sure you get a capacitor once you have the alternator figured out. The capacitor will store energy so that your not constantly drawing off the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No capacitors are ****..if it alternator blew it because the electronics demanded more power than it could provide.i literally have a giant stereo system probably one of the largest in a veloster .a capacitor won't do anything a more powerful alternator will do wonders

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I have JL audio C250X door speaks about 4 speakers in the car with a 800watt Amp just for the rear speakers underneath the passenger seat powering all 4 speakers

I'm planning on adding 2 subs that are gonna be about 2000 Watts of power. But now the alternator stock went to ** current moment is already going to **. As of right now it's Parked outside an autozone . I was just curious on what alternator I should replace my stock with because I do plan on going kind of big on this project if anyone has a recommendations or info I would really appreciate. My stereo doesn't turn on but everything else does it also doesn't start just click click click
I would suggest getting an aftermarket alt asap..I have a singer 320 amp on mine..I have a 13k watt amp 2 3k Amps and it keeps everything together singer makes one apex audio makes one there are several people who build them..just do research..how large depends on how large you plan on going

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would suggest getting an aftermarket alt asap..I have a singer 320 amp on mine..I have a 13k watt amp 2 3k Amps and it keeps everything together singer makes one apex audio makes one there are several people who build them..just do research..how large depends on how large you plan on going
To you give an idea of comparison, the stock amps are much weaker than Marcus's. For the 1st generation,the non-turbo (nav) alternator is only rated at 90A, and the turbo one is 110A. I've been toying with the idea of "upgrading" my nav alt to the turbo one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
To you give an idea of comparison, the stock amps are much weaker than Marcus's. For the 1st generation,the non-turbo (nav) alternator is only rated at 90A, and the turbo one is 110A. I've been toying with the idea of "upgrading" my nav alt to the turbo one.
That still isn't enough power to run an aftermarket market system.you have to take into consideration what the car will need before it takes into account your aftermarket stuff..I have a 320 that 360 at 2000 rpm and 250 at idle.i also run the car on a pair of 1200 a peice lithium batteries and I have voltage mods that allow my car to idle at 14.8 .I'm not just some hack..I really know what I'm doing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also I have a nav

1 - 9 of 9 Posts