Veloster Forum banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
i have blocked to re rerought connection and re connected the hose.. but now i have a light on my dash now illuminated... But i doing so i have created a "flutter" effect that which you can get from some BOV's or sequentials. Is the release pressure shooting back and damaging the bpv?
You shouldn't block and reconnect, all you have to do is disconnect the hose and block the intake from sucking in unfiltered air. If you are blocking the connection and then reconnecting the hose you could be forcing the air back into the BPV since the air has no where else to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So all I need to do is disconnect the intake hose that's going in on an angle and where I just unplugged it from I need to plug that hole 100% and then my vt will sound louder ???

·
Registered
35 Posts
video sounds

Diy blow off valve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV_8hKqv894&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Not the best quality but you get the idea

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I did a lot of research and figured I would go ahead and do this cheap mod quick. Which i did and left the hose to hang in the engine compartment. At first it was just fine. I think put a filter on the end of the hose for the same reason, to keep stuff out of the turbo when the car isnt running. it wasnt long afterwards and the check engine light came on. So I set it back to where it was. Engine light remains on but yet i am driving this car across country tomorrow. Do you think I messed anything up in it? Will the engine get hurt to continue to run it with the cheap mod even though the CEL came on?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bpv to bov

Love the sound also, I have a 2014 Kia forte 5 but same motor and set up. I took a 98-00 civic si cai and slightly modified it. (Basically cut a 45• off and end of each pipe. Pulled off the stock bov hose completely and mounted my cone filter. Can post a sous clip if needed. Here's a pic of the final set up. Thanks to this thread I was brave enough to do this mod and it cost about $80!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
See my step by step (w/ pics + video) on VT.org: BPV to BOV 4 FREE!!!
was there supposed to be images with the video or just sound? I tried 2 different browsers from my tablet and all i got was sound. I just want to make sure its supposed to be that way or if I need to veiw it on a computer.

thanks
kat-v-2013

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,274 Posts
it's actually 7/8 for a perfect fit :)

Reactions: JGunz18

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is my first vehicle with a turbo on it.....but my 4th Hyundai. I also have a Tucson limited AWD in ash black with tan/beige interior. I've got it chromed out and ready to put alpines in the doors with a 10" Fosgate punch slim enclosed sub and Kenwood 700W amp to power it all.

I'm more of a visual person....if I see it it's easier for me to grasp, ya know. I do like the looks of T-GDI-Ross' set up....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also meant to add....is it supposed to have that.....swooshing sound? Like the engine/turbo is gasping for air?

I am a newbie to turbos....:)

61 - 80 of 105 Posts