Veloster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey y’all. just bought my first car (used 2013 hyundai veloster, dual clutch automatic, eco) 90k miles & i love everything about it. however, after buying it from a private seller, (who told me i only needed a $25 piece called a wheel bearing?) i was hearing clicking when accelerating and turning, took it to a trusted mechanic (a couple weeks ago) and told him what the private seller said, but i actually had needed both axels replaced, then a tune up (new spark plugs, new brake pads and rotors, new air filters, alignment -due to axels being replaced- , GDI service.. $2,000 in maintenance later, but worth it)

everything was perfect, the things i took it in for +more were fixed, but as i drove home from the shop, i heard a squeaking from what sounded like the bottom right passenger side as i would accelerate (at first it only squeaked if i was on the pedal quick and somewhat hard, nothing crazy, but happened every so often.) i told the mechanic this and they heard it too when they drove my car earlier, he said they took off all the belts and didn’t see any damage, and couldn’t reproduce the sound in the shop so they weren’t sure where it was coming from but told me to keep an eye (or i guess ear) out for it.

well the last few days, this squeaking has seemed to be every time i accelerate unless i literally one-toe it super lightly and slow, and sometimes it STILL happens. as soon as i let off the pedal, it stops. i drove it last night with the AC off and it didn’t squeak. tried again today with the AC on- squeaking. as soon as i turned the AC off- it stopped... can anyone help me figure out what’s wrong? the belts are not damaged, yet everything i’m googling is referring to belt damage, so what is it?? i also read something about an idler pulley possibly being an issue? am i safe to drive this car to get around until i can afford to get it fixed? it drives totally fine, i don’t have any services lights on & nothing is leaking, so what the heck is going on? sorry if this is long, i wanted to be as specific as possible, i’m new to owning my own car, as well as a hyundai, so i appreciate the help in advance. thanks y’all

1 - 2 of 2 Posts