Veloster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would I go about getting information on the rear sway bar? I know that a stiffer rear can mitigate some understeer. But I need to know my starting point before knowing if an upgraded bar is truly an upgrade.

In other words, what does "Sport Tuned Suspension" that the Turbo models have include?

I'm going to be autocrossing this baby all summer and I want to eliminate as much understeer as possible. An upgraded sway bar is one of only a few upgrades permissible while remaining in G Street class.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I crawled under the R-spec today and measured the rear sway bar. According to my caliper it is 19.5mm.

Since the aftermarket sway bar from Pierce is only 19mm, I'm guessing that the R-spec already has an upgraded one.

2019 Hyundai Veloster Rear Swaybar - Pierce Motorsports

This is odd, as that means that the aftermarket ones available today would only work on the 2.0 non-turbo models as all of the turbo models have the sport tuned suspension.

Anyone else care to measure theirs (2019s) and report in?

·
weekend racer
6,462 Posts
the 2019 bar is 19mm AND has 3 different points of adjustment. most manufacturer stock bars are hollow... pierce bar is solid.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Do you know what setting it is on by default? I didn't check that.

So you think the people at Pierce will be able to tell me how much stiffer their bar is?

·
weekend racer
6,462 Posts
whoops! i apologize, i mean the PIERCE bar has the adjustment. basically moving the endlink closer or further from the bar to control stiffness.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I talked to a guy at Pierce today. I basically said what car I had and said my bar is 19mm and his bar is 19mm so how is it an upgrade?

He said...

Stock bar is 19mm solid carbon steel. His bar is 19mm solid chromoly 4130. He said the furthest away holes are 27% stiffer, the middle holes are 37% stiffer and the closest holes are 47% stiffer than stock.

I asked about the language about "not adjustable with stock end links."

He was going from memory here but he said that "only 2 of the 3 holes would work as there wasn't enough articulation in the end links to use one set of holes." But he didn't remember which.

So even with stock end links, at a minimum I should be able to get the rear end 37% stiffer.

We'll see, I am going to run the first weekend with the stock setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
Crispy
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing