Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all.
My 2012 Veloster None Turbo, Manual Trans was just costing too much to maintain so i fixed it good and traded it in.

Before I did I had purchased a Android replacement head unit with backup cam, SIM car adapter for a cell, GPS and WiFi antennas. The works.

I am now offering it up. It was just over $300 plus shipping and took forever.

Still has the plastic film on the screen.

It also came with a wiring harness. I wired it up to my custom audio system. It was made for a none AMP Veloster so i cut the speaker outputs and ran a differe way but the harness can be wired back or left as is and a remote AMP wire connected.

Here is a link to what i got along with pics of my Factory unit and the New one.
I got the 8 core, 6GB RAM with 128GB storage.

Returns to China are impossible now with Covid they said so i took the hit and just kept it.

If anyone is interested, let me know. Its designed to fit into the old bezel and just transfering a few bracket pieces to the new one.

It has the CANBUS as well.
After this sells I will leave the Forum since I am now a Jag F-Type driver.

But still a VelosterRaptor at heart.

Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Groupset Slip joint pliers Audio equipment

Gadget Tablet computer Output device Communication Device Font

Hood Finger Bumper Automotive exterior Rectangle

Circuit component Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Electrical supply Cable

Gesture Wood Gas Creative arts Metal

Computer hardware Electronic engineering Electrical wiring Electronic component Engineering

Automotive tire Finger Gas Audio equipment Gadget
Hood Finger Bumper Automotive exterior Rectangle
Gadget Tablet computer Output device Communication Device Font
Gesture Wood Gas Creative arts Metal
Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Groupset Slip joint pliers Audio equipment
Circuit component Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Electrical supply Cable
Automotive tire Finger Gas Audio equipment Gadget
Computer hardware Electronic engineering Electrical wiring Electronic component Engineering

My old unit and wiring i did to connect stuff ill post next since a 10 img limit.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My old system and wiring I had to do. Why did i not finish?

Because while I powered it up and was checking before putting it all back, i disco ered for the 3rd time the AC control switch harness melted and its a $250 part plus remaking the harness (pictured) so i finelly called it quits. Put the old unit back, repaired just barely the AC co trolls and traded the old gal in.

Im asking $200 plus shipping. Anyone interested I can send the origional pur hase order and link to product when i got it so you can get all the info.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Finger Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
25 Posts
My old system and wiring I had to do. Why did i not finish?

Because while I powered it up and was checking before putting it all back, i disco ered for the 3rd time the AC control switch harness melted and its a $250 part plus remaking the harness (pictured) so i finelly called it quits. Put the old unit back, repaired just barely the AC co trolls and traded the old gal in.

Im asking $200 plus shipping. Anyone interested I can send the origional pur hase order and link to product when i got it so you can get all the info.

View attachment 135734
Let me be clear,
You bought the new head unit for your 2012 veloster, did it works as exactly specified or you did some lil more wiring to get it to work? And how long have you used it for...?

·
Administrator
4,692 Posts

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,544 Posts
i may be interested - but want to ensure it would work perfectly with a stock dimension system.

and does it not support the oem rearview camera? i believe the belsee does and it is not much different than this. i know most 2012 models did not come with the rearview camera...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wired it in and because I have an amped system I had run it to a remote wire and cut out the standard audio outputs and use the canbus and wiring through connectors it came with. I hooked it up long enough to turn it on, run it and connect to my home wifi. Asmfter I got everhthing back together my an issje i had happen twice before resurfaced which was the AC fan speed only working at 1 and 2 but not the higher speeds so i ent back in and discovered the switch yet again was going bad. Since thats another $250 and another new harness I finely had enough.

The thin is most new units wont come with the harness. I paid extra for it but was made for a none amped system.

So you have to put a remote wire to turn on your remote AMP or you wont get audio from the canbus which pushes through the wires on the other connector.

So i put the factory back in cuz i figured Jaguar would not care if i had it in or not and kept it.

Im fine if i lose the money just offering it up. Otherwise I may just turn it into a fancy home smart mirror or something.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe it would work if your system uses either the Video (Yellow) cable. It has a connector for it and also another combination in the online manual for connecting it.

Honestly, i will give it away for free to someone who legit wants to use it.

Its doing nothing for me now and if someone can wire it up then cool. If your running none amped system then you would have to wire back up the wires i cut so its the way it came. That or just order a new harness. They are almost all identical for all the velosters.

If you live in the US and the shipping is not to much I would just send it and if you make it work and feel like sending me at least something for it then cool.

Otherwise it will waste away in my garage next to my mountain bike. 😄

·
Registered
25 Posts
I believe it would work if your system uses either the Video (Yellow) cable. It has a connector for it and also another combination in the online manual for connecting it.

Honestly, i will give it away for free to someone who legit wants to use it.

Its doing nothing for me now and if someone can wire it up then cool. If your running none amped system then you would have to wire back up the wires i cut so its the way it came. That or just order a new harness. They are almost all identical for all the velosters.

If you live in the US and the shipping is not to much I would just send it and if you make it work and feel like sending me at least something for it then cool.

Otherwise it will waste away in my garage next to my mountain bike. 😄
I am interested now that is even more convincing, DM me let's talk...I live in the US...

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,544 Posts
Sold! I have it in my hands now.

Reactions: nvyseal
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.