Veloster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I’m starting this thread for people to share their experience with Greg at SCGW.

I had such a bad experience with this company. I cannot stress enough how much of a joke it was.
Zero I mean zero customer service, a rock would give better customer service because at least a rock can keep its mouth shut. Never under no circumstances do business with a loser as big as Greg Bauchaut!

I ordered the duckbill wing for the Veloster turbo. After 6 weeks had past I asked him if covid-19 has anything to do with it, he said rudely and bluntly no covid-19 doesn’t affect anything. Ironically 3 days later he states that covid-19 is delaying shipping times! And he used my wording the same way I sent him in the email saying it’s ok for being late and there are no issues on my part. It’s like he is to dumb to think for himself. After 3 months I was fed up and told him how I was feeling. If he simply had sent an email every once in a while saying it was going to further delayed I wouldn’t had been upset. Anyways I thought in the back of my mind he was going to cancel it just because I was upset (I read reviews from elsewhere before ordering so I knew it was a possibility) so I posted on Veloster turbo world that I may cancel because it is talking so long. But I didn’t mean cancel I just thought he was going to cancel mine out of anger. I didn’t know the page was his and he canceled my order without my approval. This ended up costing me money on interest and 3 months of my time! I am a frontline health care worker and this happening during covid! Such a joke of an experience I cannot stress enough do not order from this bafoon Greg Bauchaut

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dispute it with your credit card company. Never pay cash. NEVER PAY CASH UPFRONT.
Apply that to everything in your life including pest control and carpet cleaning.

·
weekend racer
7,244 Posts
yeah strong pass with that company and greg, i only order stuff from them if i can't get it anywhere else. i've had some friends order up those custom steering wheels it was a joke how long it took, the responses and threats were ridiculous. like importshark ridiculous.

the wheels looked great though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah strong pass with that company and greg, i only order stuff from them if i can't get it anywhere else. i've had some friends order up those custom steering wheels it was a joke how long it took, the responses and threats were ridiculous. like importshark ridiculous.

the wheels looked great though.
He fucked with the wrong person, I know how to get all the things he has on his site. I’m in the works of launching a business (;

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the wheel wait time’s are ridiculous but if he actually kept his customers informed somehow and not left in the dark, they wouldn’t be nearly as frustrated I believe.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've had some issues with another seller of Veloster parts as well. I'm not defending Greg, but I honestly think most of those guys are just enthusiasts working out of their house (or their parent's house) and do not have a concept on how to run a reputable company. The company I had an issue with didn't respond to phone calls or emails for 4 weeks, I go to FB to voice my concerns, and they are there defending themselves instantly. I finally get my product, with a large cosmetic flaw, and they then ghost me. I assume phone calls and emails are too Boomer these days, but don't advertise a phone number and email address if you have no intention of using them correctly for your business

·
Registered
248 Posts
I realized early on that these guys don't stock anything. All they do is list other company's parts on their website and when you order from them, they order from the manufacturer, and have it drop shipped. You can go straight to the part's maker, often times for less.

Other than compiling a list of parts that work for our vehicle, I can't imagine what benefit they provide?

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
300 Posts
I realized early on that these guys don't stock anything. All they do is list other company's parts on their website and when you order from them, they order from the manufacturer, and have it drop shipped. You can go straight to the part's maker, often times for less.

Other than compiling a list of parts that work for our vehicle, I can't imagine what benefit they provide?
This is exactly what I do when ordering most parts.
I source directly and buy.
Some companies like SxthElement actually make their own parts and if not they have outsourced companies like Turn14 build and make the parts from the companies specs.

A lot of companies I've sourced make their own parts in house like ChaseBays, VerusEngineering, EVilla, and Canton Racing.
Most KDM companies are in home/garage companies that sell parts and on occasion make their own parts.

It's all about researching and see what's out there. It takes time but the rewards can be worth it to have what you want from a reputable company and made in America.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Agree. Some things came in quick, but my gauge pod took 3 months. He said weather was messing with set times for the gauge pods. I get it finally. Looked like straight trash. The etching that the pillars have stock did not match. It was mostly smooth with some etching. Like the mold it was produced in wasn’t good. Then the paint bubbled and peeled in two weeks. Not worth 180 dollars and 3 month wait time. I was highly disappointed. Just covered it in spare stickers I have. Do I feel like a ding dong with them....yes, but my ocd couldn’t handle the paint bubbles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts