Veloster Forum banner

So what is up where is everybody?

2K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  misnblu 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2020 N PP, love my car but it seems there are very few others even on the net. Few own velosters it seems. I was hoping the circle would be larger but it seems niche or nonexistent. Any car clubs in ohio that accept us veloster owners?

#2 ·
Velostern.com

#3 ·
Veloster no matter what year or model is a niche car. Look at Hyundai's monthly sales totals and you'll get the picture. In January 2020 sales were in the 600+ range while last year it was in the 800+ range. Gen 1 used to average about 1,300/month. Higher at first, lower at the end.

#7 ·
You're not looking in the right places for aftermarket support.
KDMTuners, SoCalGarageWorks, SxthElement, and some private labels all pushing the envelope for the KDM platforms.
My Accent has less support than the Velosters but because of the interchangeability of the parts in Hyundai (you gotta research to find it) I have many parts for the Veloster on my car that are never listed-on their web pages for the Accent or said to fit the Accent. ?
If you want something bad enough you can find it. ??

#8 ·
You're not looking in the right places for aftermarket support.
KDMTuners, SoCalGarageWorks, SxthElement, and some private labels all pushing the envelope for the KDM platforms.
My Accent has less support than the Velosters but because of the interchangeability of the parts in Hyundai (you gotta research to find it) I have many parts for the Veloster on my car that are never listed-on their web pages for the Accent or said to fit the Accent. [emoji6]
If you want something bad enough you can find it. [emoji106][emoji41]
Preach!!! Hit it on the nail!

#13 ·
I have a 2019 Veloster N with performance pack. I am in Loveland CO. This car is the best combination of fun and versatility that you can buy. Mine is Black with red trim. Road and Track just named the Veloster N the Number one performance car of the year beating out Porsche, Corvette, Miata and others. The regulat N is a good car but the performance pack makes it really special with the way you can set any combination of steering, dampers, limited slip differential, rev matching , exhaust , etc.

#16 ·
They make very few of the N. Initially, each dealership was going to only get one. When I bought the 2019 Turbo, the N hadn’t been released yet. Still love my car, even though the N seems fantastic!
Yes, I do "envy" the N owners! I was only somewhat suggesting a wide availability not being purchased. I just wonder why they make such a great car and then DON'T run it up against the big boys!

#18 ·
Yes, I do "envy" the N owners! I was only somewhat suggesting a wide availability not being purchased. I just wonder why they make such a great car and then DON'T run it up against the big boys!
Yes, that IS a good question. Maybe they think the low numbers will add to the appeal, make it seem more exclusive and special... still it’s a sweet car!

#20 ·
Loved my '16 NA enough to snag a '19 Turbo. Best decision I could have made! Much more fun with the turbo...

I've been finding quite a few around Illinois lately... work at a company with about 400 people in our location. I'm one of 4 Velosters in the lot. Ran into a '12 owner last week at a store on the way home. Pulled into town, oblivious to an N at the stoplight perpendicular to me.. he very quickly changed that when he flew by me after the light changed. Run across a few every once in a while on the Interstate on the way home, too. Always fun to run into a fellow Veloster owner.

#23 ·
The Veloster N is competing with the Honda Civic TypeR so the numbers like the TypeR won't be much.
It is an exclusive car meant to be all what can be made out of the Veloster from the factory for a true sports car. They've done a fine job of it and it's making a name for itself. ???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.