Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2020 N PP, love my car but it seems there are very few others even on the net. Few own velosters it seems. I was hoping the circle would be larger but it seems niche or nonexistent. Any car clubs in ohio that accept us veloster owners?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Velostern.com

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I just bought a 2020 N PP, love my car but it seems there are very few others even on the net. Few own velosters it seems. I was hoping the circle would be larger but it seems niche or nonexistent. Any car clubs in ohio that accept us veloster owners?
Veloster no matter what year or model is a niche car. Look at Hyundai's monthly sales totals and you'll get the picture. In January 2020 sales were in the 600+ range while last year it was in the 800+ range. Gen 1 used to average about 1,300/month. Higher at first, lower at the end.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I love my R-spec but the thing I'm most upset with is the lack of aftermarket parts and online support/discussion.

Also considered the Civic Si and Golf GTI. Both have 100x the amount of both.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love my R-spec but the thing I'm most upset with is the lack of aftermarket parts and online support/discussion.

Also considered the Civic Si and Golf GTI. Both have 100x the amount of both.
I agree I originally thought there was more owners and more aftermarket support as well. I guess I'm glad there is nothing I want to do to my N yet.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You're not looking in the right places for aftermarket support.
KDMTuners, SoCalGarageWorks, SxthElement, and some private labels all pushing the envelope for the KDM platforms.
My Accent has less support than the Velosters but because of the interchangeability of the parts in Hyundai (you gotta research to find it) I have many parts for the Veloster on my car that are never listed-on their web pages for the Accent or said to fit the Accent. 😉
If you want something bad enough you can find it. 👍😎

·
Registered
521 Posts
You're not looking in the right places for aftermarket support.
KDMTuners, SoCalGarageWorks, SxthElement, and some private labels all pushing the envelope for the KDM platforms.
My Accent has less support than the Velosters but because of the interchangeability of the parts in Hyundai (you gotta research to find it) I have many parts for the Veloster on my car that are never listed-on their web pages for the Accent or said to fit the Accent.
If you want something bad enough you can find it.
Preach!!! Hit it on the nail!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey I'm not counting the second gen N PP out. I'm mostly looking for more options. Hoping that grows in the coming years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Veloster N with performance pack. I am in Loveland CO. This car is the best combination of fun and versatility that you can buy. Mine is Black with red trim. Road and Track just named the Veloster N the Number one performance car of the year beating out Porsche, Corvette, Miata and others. The regulat N is a good car but the performance pack makes it really special with the way you can set any combination of steering, dampers, limited slip differential, rev matching , exhaust , etc.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I have a 2019 Veloster N with performance pack. I am in Loveland CO. This car is the best combination of fun and versatility that you can buy. Mine is Black with red trim. Road and Track just named the Veloster N the Number one performance car of the year beating out Porsche, Corvette, Miata and others. The regulat N is a good car but the performance pack makes it really special with the way you can set any combination of steering, dampers, limited slip differential, rev matching , exhaust , etc.
First, welcome! Yes, your car has had some nice things said about it! Post some pics if you can! I'm really surprised more aren't being sold (but maybe they're not being made).

·
Registered
3 Posts
First, welcome! Yes, your car has had some nice things said about it! Post some pics if you can! I'm really surprised more aren't being sold (but maybe they're not being made).
They make very few of the N. Initially, each dealership was going to only get one. When I bought the 2019 Turbo, the N hadn’t been released yet. Still love my car, even though the N seems fantastic!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
They make very few of the N. Initially, each dealership was going to only get one. When I bought the 2019 Turbo, the N hadn’t been released yet. Still love my car, even though the N seems fantastic!
Yes, I do "envy" the N owners! I was only somewhat suggesting a wide availability not being purchased. I just wonder why they make such a great car and then DON'T run it up against the big boys!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Waiting patiently for the N DCT ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I do "envy" the N owners! I was only somewhat suggesting a wide availability not being purchased. I just wonder why they make such a great car and then DON'T run it up against the big boys!
Yes, that IS a good question. Maybe they think the low numbers will add to the appeal, make it seem more exclusive and special... still it’s a sweet car!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I will beat the VN once I find someone on the street with one. I am confident since I've already smashed an Focus RS :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Loved my '16 NA enough to snag a '19 Turbo. Best decision I could have made! Much more fun with the turbo...

I've been finding quite a few around Illinois lately... work at a company with about 400 people in our location. I'm one of 4 Velosters in the lot. Ran into a '12 owner last week at a store on the way home. Pulled into town, oblivious to an N at the stoplight perpendicular to me.. he very quickly changed that when he flew by me after the light changed. Run across a few every once in a while on the Interstate on the way home, too. Always fun to run into a fellow Veloster owner.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts