Veloster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my Veloster brothers and sisters, after almost 8 years of ownership I decided to leave the Hyundai world. Although it’s been fun owning one of the very first 1st gen models (and one of the few Electrolyte Green’s), I’ve grown weary of the 1+ year battle with Hyundai over my “acceptable” oil burn rate. So this past weekend I became the new owner of a 2018 Mazda 3. I struggled with the decision for a while. My Veloster was fun from day one, but in the end I needed something that wouldn’t burn over 2.5 quarts in under 3,000 miles and that would just continue to get worse.

So I wish everyone well. And who knows, maybe in a few years I will rejoin the Hyundai world...

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Well, my Veloster brothers and sisters, after almost 8 years of ownership I decided to leave the Hyundai world. Although it’s been fun owning one of the very first 1st gen models (and one of the few Electrolyte Green’s), I’ve grown weary of the 1+ year battle with Hyundai over my “acceptable” oil burn rate. So this past weekend I became the new owner of a 2018 Mazda 3. I struggled with the decision for a while. My Veloster was fun from day one, but in the end I needed something that wouldn’t burn over 2.5 quarts in under 3,000 miles and that would just continue to get worse.

So I wish everyone well. And who knows, maybe in a few years I will rejoin the Hyundai world...
Cars age and issues come along with that. The Electrolyte Green along with the Vitamin C were certainly head turners back in 2011 when they came out! Not that my Ironman Silver didn't get more attention than any car I'd ever driven! Enjoy your new Mazda 3! It's a great looking car -- understandably just not as exciting as the original Veloster was.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts

Just wondering! The MPG settlement! Did you participate in the class action suit? Hyundai is mailing out the settlements in the next 4 to 6 weeks!

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
No I don't believe I did. I was still using the mileage rebate, usually about once a year.
I'd call Hyundai and see if you are owed anything. And if you changed your address let them know your new one. 877-277-0012 is the number they published concerning the settlement and you'll probably only need to provide the VIN. No need to leave a few extra gas dollars unpaid! You'd probably need to know the mileage at which you owned it until.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cars age and issues come along with that. The Electrolyte Green along with the Vitamin C were certainly head turners back in 2011 when they came out! Not that my Ironman Silver didn't get more attention than any car I'd ever driven! Enjoy your new Mazda 3! It's a great looking car -- understandably just not as exciting as the original Veloster was.
Well, seems the oil issue has been given the same treatment as clutch and transmission issues ... war of attrition until you give up. My 2013 base 6 spd has been great to drive. Until the clutch disintigrated at 31k miles, going 25 mph in third - no shifting. They said clutches aren't part of the drivetrain but are "consummables" ... and I have read same about fuel pump issues. BOTH the in tank and high pressure quit at 60k mi with no coding. So, $3k in repairs that should NOT have been needed. Oh yes; my wife's car - 57 yr old school teacher. As far as Hyundai is concerned, she is a drift champion.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just wondering! The MPG settlement! Did you participate in the class action suit? Hyundai is mailing out the settlements in the next 4 to 6 weeks!
I at one time got a debit card from the dealership but that was years ago

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
I at one time got a debit card from the dealership but that was years ago
Same advice to you as above:

I'd call Hyundai and see if you are owed anything. And if you changed your address let them know your new one. 877-277-0012 is the number they published concerning the settlement and you'll probably only need to provide the VIN. No need to leave a few extra gas dollars unpaid!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts