Veloster Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends,

I plan on keeping XM Select when my trial runs out. I know you can bargain a good deal. What's a good deal?

Thanks,
D-Animal

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
A good deal for SiriusXM is any purchase you make that reveals your credit card number! You'll rue the day if you ever want to avoid automatic renewals, cancel your subscription, or secure a refund for unwanted charges.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got a year extension from the free trial for 8 bucks because they're idiots. Never give them what they ask, or the first time they ask. They're so desperate for subscribers that they will make always make a deal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
I had my sirius go for free for about 8 months. First was a random extension for who knows why then I called in to cancel, asked if they had any deals.
12mos for xxx.xx NO
6 months for xx.xx NO
3 months for x.xx per month NO
Well we are actually doing a free 2 month right now as well. YES

So basically get them to lower it by asking for cheaper and they might give it to you for free.

the second time I called to cancel after my extra 2 months expired they saw that I had gotten that 2 months and didn't offer me another free so I cancelled.

·
Registered
894 Posts
when I got my Veloster,they called me 8 weeks after I was inrolled,if I uped right then, they gave me an extra 3 months I said call me back tomorrow, so they called the next day I had gone out an got a pre-paided CC put it on that.Well my XM ran out last month and I didn't renew,well they tryed to get money out of that card,card was dead empty.I called 2 weeks before hand and told them that I wasn't re-uping with them and they still charged me for 10 days.

Well been getting calls and e-mails about " missing you,come back ",well they threw out the 6 months for $25 and I said well if you can do that then how about $ 50 for a year????............ the phone went dead for a second,then they said " what ???? " I just asked for there superviser and he got on the phone and I told him the same think,I was told he couldn't do this I said then " no thanks " and hung up the phone.Thats been 2 1/2 weeks and nothing so if I can't get what I want then they don't need my money.............

·
Registered
302 Posts
Friends,

I plan on keeping XM Select when my trial runs out. I know you can bargain a good deal. What's a good deal?

Thanks,
D-Animal
Mine expired. I was waiting for my dad's to roll over and he and I were going to do a family plan. So I was without it for like 2 months maybe, then outa the blue XM calls me. I got it for $56 for the year including internet radio, no family plan. So that rofked.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I let it expire. It was still working, though. They called me and I got 6 months for $25. I had them bill me because I have learned, from having other radios, that you DO NOT give them your credit card or you lose all power in getting good deals from them; and it's hell trying to cancel. In 6 months they will either give me a great deal again or I will stream my Google Play music via Bluetooth. That works just fine for me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you let it run out they will keep sending you offers. I just reactivated mine, $25 for 6 months TTF hen I will cancel unless they offer it again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
If you let it run out they will keep sending you offers. I just reactivated mine, $25 for 6 months TTF hen I will cancel unless they offer it again.

Good luck with that cancellation if you paid with a credit card. When you subscribe, the fine print contractually obligates you to automatic renewal for which you'll be billed monthly to your credit card and referred to a collection agency if you fail to pay. In the event you're successful in cancelling, don't worry...you'll likely continue to be harassed by robocalls and mail offers for your remaining life.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good luck with that cancellation if you paid with a credit card. When you subscribe, the fine print contractually obligates you to automatic renewal for which you'll be billed monthly to your credit card and referred to a collection agency if you fail to pay. In the event you're successful in cancelling, don't worry...you'll likely continue to be harassed by robocalls and mail offers for your remaining life.
We shall see. It says auto renewal if not cancelled before the end of my prepaid time. As long as I tell them no there should be no problem. I will check back once my 6 month offer is up.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Got another SiriusXM offer in the mail today. SiriusXM Select for 12 months at $4.99 each (shows $5 on website) + taxes and fees (taxes and music royalty fees totalled $1.87). But, you also get access to SiriusXM on your phone and online which means I can bluetooth to my stereo receiver. AND, I linked my Alexa account and can play SiriusXM on all 4 of my Alexa devices (separately or on all 4). Plus you get 1-month free access to SiriusXM video. I'll definitely cancel before it auto-renews next year for $22/month.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts