Veloster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
you cant use the tail light leds bulbs you already have full led tail lights.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know what... I didn't even think of that. What threw me off is that they're listed under Veloster Turbo.

Thanks for the clarification.

Still interested in more information re: Sidemarker LEDs

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does anyone know where the sidemarkers are on a VT? I've looked at the service manual but it seems to be talking about the NAV tail light assembly rather than the VT: It references a bulb for the brake light, which the VT lacks (full LED).

I picked up a couple LED modules for the sidemarkers but I haven't disassembled the tail light assemblies because my indicator modules haven't arrived. I'd prefer to do it all at once.

·
Vendor
1,182 Posts
You know what... I didn't even think of that. What threw me off is that they're listed under Veloster Turbo.

Thanks for the clarification.

Still interested in more information re: Sidemarker LEDs
Are you looking for sidemarkers for a Veloster or a Veloster Turbo?

Does anyone know where the sidemarkers are on a VT? I've looked at the service manual but it seems to be talking about the NAV tail light assembly rather than the VT: It references a bulb for the brake light, which the VT lacks (full LED).

I picked up a couple LED modules for the sidemarkers but I haven't disassembled the tail light assemblies because my indicator modules haven't arrived. I'd prefer to do it all at once.
The sidemarker is located on the outer corner of the headlight assembly

-Garrick

·
Vendor
1,182 Posts
Under the amber-colored reflectors, correct? So there are no rear sidemarkers. That sucks. I have some extra red 1W LED modules then, haha!
Thats right, they're under the amber reflectors. Nothing's wrong with having a couple extra LEDs laying around, you should see my house lol.

-Garrick

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So do you have pics of what the sidemarker LED light look like?

·
Registered
79 Posts
When I swap mine in, I'll try to remember to take some photos. The rest of my LEDs should show up on Monday (so tomorrow) at which point I'll be installing them all.

Garrick: Have you guys considered offering some LED modules with In-Line resistors for the indicators? That way no one needs to install vampire taps on their wiring. They're a little more expensive, but for some kinds of people (like me) they're a better option.

I'm also looking into full-blown LED headlamps, which are 15W Samsung LEDs with headsinks (and possibly fans), and put out about 1000-1200 lumens, which is as much or more than the stock halogen bulbs. Have you guys considered offering those either?

·
Vendor
1,182 Posts
When I swap mine in, I'll try to remember to take some photos. The rest of my LEDs should show up on Monday (so tomorrow) at which point I'll be installing them all.

Garrick: Have you guys considered offering some LED modules with In-Line resistors for the indicators? That way no one needs to install vampire taps on their wiring. They're a little more expensive, but for some kinds of people (like me) they're a better option.

I'm also looking into full-blown LED headlamps, which are 15W Samsung LEDs with headsinks (and possibly fans), and put out about 1000-1200 lumens, which is as much or more than the stock halogen bulbs. Have you guys considered offering those either?
We have actually looked into both. we are currently looking into resistor adapters for the turn signals that are "plug n play" the issue is many headlamp housing won't accomadate the size of the adapters, thus the housing would no longer be weather-proof, but it is something we are still researching and the LED low beams are another we have been looking into, we just feel right now that the technology isn't quite up to our standards. Many of the so called LED low beams out there are too un-predictable with high failure rates. But rest assured, it is something we are keeping our eyes on. Hopefully by the end of the year we may have something.

-Garrick

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

If you could post the sidemarker pics that'd be great, thanks!

·
Vendor
1,182 Posts
You'll want to match the color of the bulb to the color of the lens.

Unless you have clear lenses, you won't be able to run various colors

Putting a white LED in a red lens, with give off a pinkish color.

Nick C.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts