Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a short ram intake on my 2016 veloster base 1.6 GDI. Any ideas as to which SRI is the best to use? I been looking at the K&N typhoon. I do not want a Cold air intake. Due to the water issue. Rather play it safe but still want some power/noise.

Any ideas, AEM, Injen, K&N?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I run an Injen cold air intake on my 2013 NAV and I like it a lot. Good sound and probably some power too. I know a lot of people like the Turbokits one, but I don't think they make it anymore. I would recommend any of them. There are more in depth discussions on the forum already if you search for them.

Just fyi I installed the CAI last fall and made it through the rainy season in FL just fine.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I haven't done one on my Veloster but I did have one on my old Pontiac Vibe. My personal opinion would be Injen as my first choice, K&N second. I'm not a fan of AEM products.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks really appreciate the advice. I will definitely consider a CAI.

Injen will probably be what I go with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going in Wednesday for a muffler delete as well to see how I like it. Hopefully it wont be to annoying. But if it is ill just pay the extra to get a borla muffler put on.

(Until i'm ready for a Cat Back exhaust system)

PS: New to the car game so all this is kinda exciting to me learning.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Any cai will be fine because the air filter is surrounded by metal and plastic.
It still draws cooler air compared to what directly under the hood.
Also the filter isn't low enough in the fender well to pick up water from the ground unless you go snorkeling with the car aka James Bond style. 😂
I'm using the AEM and found it to be a good intake. I wanted to try a dry filter this time as k&n has been my staple filter for all my car builds.

Good luck. Loads of information here so take the time to read the stickies and learn a bit about your car. 👍😎

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the response I really appreciate the advice. Deff will be getting a CAI.

PS: the james bond reference made me die laughing LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts