Veloster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the long post first of all. I’ve got a 2013 Veloster with a couple different issues. The first of which is when my headlights are set to the auto setting, all of the dash lights along with the headlights will flicker off and on or go off completely. It happens at random times. If I jiggle the stalk back and forth like I’m turning the brights on everything turns back on. It normally doesn’t have any issues when I have it on the on setting for lights. That’s issue #1.

Issue#2-I had the bottom kick panel off to start to replace the steering coupler the other day, but they sent the wrong one. I put it back together, and I adjusted the interior lights brightness with the dimmer switch, and now it won’t turn back up. The other things work in that cluster...the Eco/parking assist. The dimmer switch still acts like it works, I try to turn brightness lower and it shows on the dash and beeps. What the heck is going on with my car?!

·
Registered
24 Posts
My headlight switch is doing the same thing. I would replace the headlight switch assembly then see if the dimmer still gives you issues.

Reactions: SVTfocusO3

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I tend to think you have more of a grounding problem there on the steering column/stalk assembly.
That's where i would concentrate my attention.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I tend to think you have more of a grounding problem there on the steering column/stalk assembly.
That's where i would concentrate my attention.
lol I didnt realize how old the thread was. I'm sure he already figured something out by now but if he didn't he should look at this video. My Veloster has the exact same symptoms as the video shows, specifically when the arm is moved as he did. My research has shown this to be a common issue with Hyundai switches on various models with the same switch design. I'm purchasing the headlight switch assembly today and feel 99% confident it will fix the issue. Now the dimmer is another issue and I think he may have induced something when he was working on it as he described.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts