Veloster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about the bolt on turbo kit from shark racing for the NA Veloster. I have a 2013 base veloster with the DCT trans had it for awhile now and curious if anyone has bought the kit for theirs. Yes I know should’ve bought a VT but this car was supposed to be my daily as my other car is a Sti but would like it to have a little more power and have it as a project car soon

·
Registered
16 VT
1,090 Posts
Probably wouldn't turbo that year or NAV car for that matter, just not worth it.
I think people have had some problems with them, as well. (shark)

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,340 Posts
nobody has done it give it a go.

yeah, misnblu had trouble with them recently. i bought a foglamp kit for my nav in like... 2013 and it was fine but considering the timeline i wouldn't put any weight on my experience.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably wouldn't turbo that year or NAV car for that matter, just not worth it.
I think people have had some problems with them, as well. (shark)
Yeah I’ve done some reading and a lot of people say the DCT in the older models like mine would be to weak to handle too much more torque and power. Some say to get a TCU and some say upgrade clutch packs

·
Registered
07 WRX, 12 Veloster NA, 71&70 VW Type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
425 Posts
Sell it and start with a turbo model as a base. You'll spend as much getting the nav to the factory turbo specs as if you went out and just bought a turbo model.

As previously mentioned, the 2012s were...unique being first model year of gen 1.

If you're stuck with the nav i would do "feel fast" mods such as quality struts, lowering springs, swaybars and strut braces.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sell it and start with a turbo model as a base. You'll spend as much getting the nav to the factory turbo specs as if you went out and just bought a turbo model.

As previously mentioned, the 2012s were...unique being first model year of gen 1.

If you're stuck with the nav i would do "feel fast" mods such as quality struts, lowering springs, swaybars and strut braces.
Yeah I’ll probably lower it, swap struts, might add the remix lip kit to it, maybe swap exhaust and throw a cold air intake and be happy with it. Will consider trading it for a turbo as the turbos go for the same amount as mine here in Indiana 1-2k more depending where I go. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo 6MT
39 Posts
If you go for a Turbo avoid 2013 models; I've learned the hard way.

Reactions: bearbird

·
Registered
106 Posts
I couldnt tell you for that kit. But i would consider that you dont just want to bolt on a turbo.

You have cooling to consider, intake manifolds i think need to be changed as well as exhaust system. I have never dabled into turbos but I know that there is a lot of other stuff to do besides just bolting one on. So if you have a shop or can do it all correctly then awesome. Video record and post up.

You may also have to reprogram the ECM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts