Veloster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this campaign open for my '13 NAV when I made my dealership appointment.

Anyone know more details on it and have had it done? Doesn't seem like the one only for '13's but it sounds similar to the one that's for the '15-'16's for knock detection.

I called Hyundai and they asked if I had any knocking so I assume it's a knock detection update. They were not able to send me any technical documents, just mentioned that the dealer will do a diagnostic.

Couldn't find any technical documents for it online and didn't see it on the NHTSA website.

Here's what it shows on the Hyundai website:

Rectangle Parallel Font Screenshot Technology

·
Registered
6 Posts
Saw this campaign open for my '13 NAV when I made my dealership appointment.

Anyone know more details on it and have had it done? Doesn't seem like the one only for '13's but it sounds similar to the one that's for the '15-'16's for knock detection.

I called Hyundai and they asked if I had any knocking so I assume it's a knock detection update. They were not able to send me any technical documents, just mentioned that the dealer will do a diagnostic.

Couldn't find any technical documents for it online and didn't see it on the NHTSA website.

Here's what it shows on the Hyundai website:

View attachment 134858
Just took my son's 17 veloster in for this update. When he picked it up the screen and bluetooth weren't working...funny we've never had issues with these before we took it in today for an unrelated update.

Not happy. Service department said that if it were under warranty it would be covered. Missing the point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just took my son's 17 veloster in for this update. When he picked it up the screen and bluetooth weren't working...funny we've never had issues with these before we took it in today for an unrelated update.

Not happy. Service department said that if it were under warranty it would be covered. Missing the point.
Started working again. They must have done something with the electrical system that temporarily messed with the head unit.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
  • Hyundai has issued a recall for 128,948 vehicles over defective connecting-rod bearings that can wear out prematurely and damage the engine.
  • The recall covers the 2012 Santa Fe, the 2011–2013 and 2016 Sonata Hybrid, and the 2015–2016 Veloster.
Your 2013 Veloster Is not included in this recall.

Owners will be notified of the recall beginning on January 22, 2021, to bring their vehicles to a Hyundai dealer. If the dealer finds bearing damage, the engine will be replaced. Dealers will also install a new Knock Sensor Detection System (KSDS) through a software update; the system will monitor engine vibrations to detect premature wear or damage.

Hyundai owners can check the NHTSA website or NHTSA's new recall app to see if their vehicle is involved in the recall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts