Veloster Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you done it? Mine is cracked inside (rattle led me to borescope, and see the broken wafer material).
If you have, have you had any issues with smog testing? I'm not too concerned about performance, although a few hp more would be nice...I just don't want my car smelling like fumes all the time. We're don't have smog testing in Quebec, so it's really about knowing if I can install a straight pipe in replacement of my cat without being a bother to my nose.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,555 Posts
does that thing have 2 cats? alot of VT folks remove the lower cat... it doesn't mean anything for emissions.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, 2 cats Hyundai defines them as warm-up catalytic converter (found inside the exhaust manifold) and underbody catalytic converter. O2 sensor furthest down the line is at the entrance of the flex pipe, about 18 inches before the UCC. Why is it there if it has no impact on emissions then?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,555 Posts
your guess is as good as mine :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm always the one with doubts about everything...

Those of you who did a cat delete or went straight pipe... Is the smell of fumes much more present than stock?

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
825 Posts
I'm always the one with doubts about everything...

Those of you who did a cat delete or went straight pipe... Is the smell of fumes much more present than stock?
No. Never had that when I deleted mid pipe cat and the cat at the manifold with a header.
No fumes just pleasant sounds emanating from the rear of the car at full volume. 😂😁

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

So here is a sound clip finally of my rattle. My flex pipe mesh was loose, so I removed it.all, but still have the rattle.

Any ideas as what can cause this? It's from the under side, towards the front. Not the catalytic converter (after the flex pipe) because that's been removed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts