Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanted to start this thread for folks in the Tri State area NY, NJ, CT..well I guess PA also 馃檪 So we could share our experience of either beautiful roads with a nice smooth surface (something we can only dream of in NYC), or your favorite circuit tracks. I really like how the car holds the road and takes corners with 0 body roll.
For starters- I went to Mohonk Preserve with my family last weekend and loved the drives around that area. In particular- rt 44, 299 and The Mountain Rest Road going from New Paltz towards
PS I know we are all busy with our life schedule most of the time, but It would be really nice if/when we could meet up for some friendly runs. Cheers! 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Slightly edited, skip the first post. I am not quite sure how to edit posts, at least when using a smartphone.
So I wanted to start this thread for folks in the Tri State area NY, NJ, CT..well I guess PA also 馃檪 So we could share our experience of either beautiful roads with a nice smooth surface (something we can only dream of in NYC), or your favorite circuit tracks. I really like how the car holds the road and takes corners with 0 body roll.

For starters- I went to Mohonk Preserve with my family last weekend and loved the drives around that area. In particular- rt 44, 299 and The Mountain Rest Road going from New Paltz towards Mohonk.

PS I know we are all busy with our life schedule most of the time, but It would be really nice if/when we could meet up for some friendly runs. Cheers! 馃槈

Registered
former New Jerseyan here, thought i was imagining things about how well these cars take corners. out here in Ohio there is a small curve that my Kia Soul always felt like it was gonna tip over on and the Veloster doesnt even throw me cockeyed in the seat.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
former New Jerseyan here, thought i was imagining things about how well these cars take corners. out here in Ohio there is a small curve that my Kia Soul always felt like it was gonna tip over on and the Veloster doesnt even throw me cockeyed in the seat.
I know right?! I drive a tuned 2018 X6 m sport and even in sport+ mode which does stiffen the suspension, it still tilts a lot when turning at speeds over 40mph. While my new 2018 VT is not the fastest car out there, it does corners really well 馃檪

Registered
I know right?! I drive a tuned 2018 X6 m sport and even in sport+ mode which does stiffen the suspension, it still tilts a lot when turning at speeds over 40mph. While my new 2018 VT is not the fastest car out there, it does corners really well 馃檪
yeah, i have a 2016 base model and its so awfully slow, like i mean seriously slow, so slow it cant get out of its own way, which came as a surprise after the Kia with the 170HP engine, but i dont care when im getting close to 40 miles per gallon! not only that but i rock out to hard core extreme metal and my "pedal to the metal" foot tends to get thumping and my speed kinda creeps up on me, so being someone pokey helps. decided to nickname the car no-va.

Registered
You like the Gen I's I get it. I had a 2013 NAV and thought it handled great. I now have a 19 R Spec... the new IRS is INSANE the way the car handles.

As to scenic and awesome rides... well... I'm formally from NE PA and NW NJ... and a biker and know of quite a few. Old Mine Road from the Water Gap to Milford PA (though much of it has been washed out and closed since Sandy I hear) is a gorgeous... leisurely drive.

Another... and a bit more... "challenging" .. a biker favorite... would be 97 from Port Jervis, NY to Hancock. It winds through the northern Delaware River scenic area and features the rather famous and VERY twisty section through the "Hawks Nest".

That ride... / drive... probably one of the best.

Be safe out there. I miss the mountains... here in Flawduh? I can't quite figure out why it is with mostly arrow straight... pancake flat roads... the majority of our accidents involve rollovers... bu it is what it is.

Registered
yeah, i have a 2016 base model and its so awfully slow, like i mean seriously slow, so slow it cant get out of its own way,
Automatic or manual trans? I had a NAV with a stick and found it to not be that bad. Of course... I have driven TRULY slow. A CHEVETTE.. is SLOW. An original VW BUG... is SLOW. A 64 Impala with a stovebolt 6 and a two speed powerglide... is S L O W..... A 52 Ford F1 w a flathead 6 and a fully NON SYNCHRONIZED TRANSMISSION...

Well... you get the idea. (^_^)

I think maybe it could be relative.... a little. ;-)

Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts