Veloster Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Β·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi everyone, just call me Maf. I have a 2013 Battleship Grey VT with 140,000km that recently spun a bearing. I've been lurking for years but now that I have to start my dream Veloster build earlier than expected, time to join up and hopefully confirm the research that I've been doing for this and to ask questions to possibly reduce the cost of the project.
Here's a picture of the car from RockyNats 2021 a few weeks ago where it made the finals of the 1/8mile Street Drags running a best of [email protected], dead stock. Thanks for letting me join. πŸ‘

Β·
Super Moderator
4,505 Posts
Welcome to the forums

Β·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,546 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Β·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🀫
819 Posts
Welcome and can't wait to see the build and it's progress. πŸ‘πŸ™πŸ½

Β·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! The build itself is to replicate the Rhys Millen Veloster but with my own styling. So the basic mission is this:
  • 2.0/2.4 engine swap (G4KJ/G4KL...possibly 4B12?)
  • AWD Conversion using ix35/SantaFe parts (main issue is fuel tank relocation)
  • KEEPING it automatic! TLDR reason is the wife. πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

I have a friend who is a Hyundai master technician who I can access the parts through with friends and family disc., so no worries there, plus I have no problems ordering parts from weird areas of the world. But there are other options I have found via research due to the GEA that could reduce cost, with help of your knowledge of course. πŸ˜‰

I also have other projects currently going. My main one is a fully built 1JZ 1989 Cressida that's almost done after 2yrs that will become the daily once the Veloster is on the build, plus a little Mazda 121 bubble that I just bought as a parts runner and budget build. πŸ˜πŸ‘

Alright, time to ask you all the hard questions in the relevant sections. Thanks once again.

Β·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🀫
819 Posts
Thanks guys! The build itself is to replicate the Rhys Millen Veloster but with my own styling. So the basic mission is this:
  • 2.0/2.4 engine swap (G4KJ/G4KL...possibly 4B12?)
  • AWD Conversion using ix35/SantaFe parts (main issue is fuel tank relocation)
  • KEEPING it automatic! TLDR reason is the wife. πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

I have a friend who is a Hyundai master technician who I can access the parts through with friends and family disc., so no worries there, plus I have no problems ordering parts from weird areas of the world. But there are other options I have found via research due to the GEA that could reduce cost, with help of your knowledge of course. πŸ˜‰

I also have other projects currently going. My main one is a fully built 1JZ 1989 Cressida that's almost done after 2yrs that will become the daily once the Veloster is on the build, plus a little Mazda 121 bubble that I just bought as a parts runner and budget build. πŸ˜πŸ‘

Alright, time to ask you all the hard questions in the relevant sections. Thanks once again.
Pictures or we won't help. πŸ˜‚πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸ˜
Both the Mazda and the early model Cressida sound like some great projects as well.

Also do start a build thread in the appropriate forum so we can relish the work being done and applause you're tenacity for doing things different. πŸ™πŸ½πŸ˜‰πŸ€™

Β·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
🀣🀣
I'll do you one better. Check out my YouTube channel, MafiaboysWorld and the show called The Maf Garage and you can see all the builds and shenanigans I get into. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

1 - 7 of 7 Posts