Veloster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked away from the Venerable Mustang platform when the completely blew it w the 2016 Redisign. That was when I bought my genlty used NAV.

THIS LATEST TRAVESTY... is even more of a bonehead move than when Cadillac drove off a MESS of their loyal customers when they introduced the CIMARRON!

That article pretty much sums is up.

They have KILLED... and now have commenced BEATING... a dead horse.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Pfft... Who cares? So what if they called it Mustang? They aren't REPLACING the Mustang with this. It's just a different model. Ford is SMART for using the Mustang name to bring in buyers.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Actually the newest iteration of the iconic Mustang is the best Mustang to date if not ever.
Ive seen every style of Mustang that Ford ever offered in my life time so this is nothing new to me.

With the advent of the electric car coming into play it is only normal that Fords marketing would call the Mach E a Mustang.
Familiarity with the name of a brand sells, it's that simple.

I'm not a fan of the electric cars at all but progress must make its way into our lives as the internal combustion engine has seen its writing on the wall.
Ironically if the electric car that came out before the internal combustion engine would've ever kept going the oil companies and newly formed GM and Ford companies would have never gotten off the ground.
Were it not for GM brass having such a strong foot hold with the oil barons of the day and basically killing off the electric car, this world would have been a much different place. Ford was the same as electric cars initially were more popular than the internal combustion engine but politics and big oil business stopped it cold.
Most dont know this about the real history of the automobile industry and how it played to GM and Ford to have their way.

So again the electric car is coming and even the aftermarket is working on retrofitting electric motors in place of the standard engine so you see it's inevitable that the future is here. Again.

Perspective at its best. 😂👍

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
LOL -- while the Cimarron was far removed from the usual Cadillac offering, it was a very, very nice little car! It rode well, had a nice interior, and made all other small cars look even more plasticky and cheap. And the electric Mustang? Yes, of course! You don't throw away a name with 50 years of history!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting takes gang. LOL... different strokes I guess. For me, it's a dark day in Mustang history. I've owned a few and my favorite modern iteration was the S197 introduced in 2005. Drove mine 'til it had 168K on it w nary a major issue aside from maintenance.

The latest iteration to me just looks like a stretched Fiesta on steroids. But that's just like, my opinion, Man.

What they SHOULD have done was brand that new thing the PROBE... after all, that was the car that was going to REPLACE the Mustang until enough of us Mustang fans SCREAMED BLOODY MURDER and they decided to give us the S195 platform that took off like gangbusters.

Go figure. I suppose this will be an interesting "experiment". For me, it's a deal killer. Imma waiting to see what they will have to come up with next to once again... "Save" the Mustang.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Pfft... Who cares? So what if they called it Mustang? They aren't REPLACING the Mustang with this. It's just a different model. Ford is SMART for using the Mustang name to bring in buyers.
Nah, this is wrong. They might get a total of 12 buyers worldwide because it is named a Mustang. But they've cheapened the brand.

This kind of decision making is what happens when accountants run the show and are desperate.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nah, this is wrong.
That's your opinion

They might get a total of 12 buyers worldwide because it is named a Mustang.
Got and facts to support your theory?

But they've cheapened the brand.
More opinion

This kind of decision making is what happens when accountants run the show and are desperate.
Yeah, totally desperate. That's why the first run has already sold out.

·
weekend racer
6,979 Posts
look at what mitsubishi did to the eclipse. now instead of being one of the greats of the racing world ... see how far the mighty can fall?

ford is slowly bowing out of cars. they are on track to stop making any car but the mustang.

·
Registered
530 Posts
ford is slowly bowing out of cars. they are on track to stop making any car but the mustang.
That's exactly what Ford is doing. They will be selling just SUVs and trucks with the exception of the Mustang as the only car. What a shame because they had some good ones. The Fusion Sport, Taurus SHO, Focus RS and ST

·
Registered
206 Posts
They weren't making any money on them. Maybe they weren't losing money on some, but they weren't making money either.

IMO, I think this is a shortsighted decision and here's why. Every one of those buyers that might have bought a Fiesta or Focus as their first car, well Ford expects them to buy an Ford SUV or CUV. But some of them won't. They'll buy a Veloster or an Elantra or something similar.

And when they're a little older and a little richer, those buyers will buy a Venue or a Kona or a Tucson because they saw what good value they were getting. They're driving first time buyers to the competition. Thanks Ford.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Ford stock is tanking after losing over a $1 billion in the 4th quarter of 2019. Might be a good time to buy the stock! The dividend for such a cheap stock is actually very good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts