Veloster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am about to tackle some rust removal, and this will bring me to remove the black adhesive vinyl around the door's window frames. My driver's side door has some rust forming under the black tape on the inside jamb of the door, so before it gets out of control I want to remove the tape, sand away all the rust, then prime and paint. (EDIT: the tape is starting to look awful anyway).

Seeing as I am removing the vinyl on one of the window frames, I might as well make everything to match... which brings me to the following question : have any of you removed this tape yourselves? What's it like under there? Is it a nice enough surface to be primed and painted (I would go with gunmetal grey on high build epoxy primer; I am redoing my front bumper insert and rear diffuser to match the color of my mags), or do you suggest rewrapping with matte black vinyl?

And have any of you had any rust issues there as well? I'm guessing more the canadian and northern states owners are more prone to this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I asked this question about the vinyl wrap a few weeks ago. The response I got was that the doors are fully primed & painted underneath the wrap.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Super, so I'll be able to respray whatever color I want ... I think I'll go the original black vinyl route... I have a feeling the gunmetal grey would clash with the black trim that would be left. Thanks for the answer!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
swordfish_designs
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing