Veloster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always leave my headlight switch in the 'on' position. I do it for safety during the day. When I lock my car, the lights turn off by themselves, but I always double-press the lock button on my fob to ensure the lights turn off. A couple of times, including today, I have walked past my car and the tail lights and LEDs around the headlights have been on. Today, I didn't have my keys on me, so it wasn't like I could have pressed a button on the fob to turn on the lights. They were just on, and I don't know why.

Is this a known issue? Is there a recall (Yes, I checked the recall forum)? Has someone else experienced this? Any known fix?

2013 turbo with ultimate package

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I did a lot of research yesterday about transmitters for the veloster, and I found out two things. There's a short list of compatible transmitters from other hyundais, and some are equipped with proximity keys. I.E. when you're near it, it triggers the car.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
I have had a similar experience to you with this, albeit in a different way. There is no recall (or TSB) and Hyundai doesn't recognize it as an issue.
Here in Canada we have daytime running lights that automatically turns on the headlights when you start the car and drive. But, my car also has automatic lights, meaning when it gets dark the lights come on by themselves (sensor on top of the dash). This is the last position on the light switch (it's the next one past on).
Great for driving at night as they come on without me even thinking about it. Daytime when I start the car in a dark garage they will switch on, when I back out into the daylight they will turn off. When I pull into a dark garage (or underground parking) they will switch on. You get where I'm going with this.
So, when I pull up and park at home in the garage the lights will come on. I'll press the start/stop button to turn off the engine and the lights will remain on. If I was to stay around the car for a minute or so the lights will turn themselves off automatically .. or if I pressed the button on the door handle (or remote) the doors lock and a minute or so later the lights go out.
BUT ... on a couple of occasions the lights have remained on way past the normal timeout. Once I came back out into the garage an hour later and the car headlights were still on, the second time I locked the car and went away for 3 days .. only to come back to a totally dead battery.
Ever since that last episode I now double press the key fob lock button so I see the lights go out, or I press the lock/unlock button on the door handle a couple of times until I see the lights go out. The lights do turn off automatically .. I've stayed around the car and seen them go out. but I just don't want another dead battery if they didn't.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
For all the above reasons, I just manually turn lights off. A couple of wrist flicks -- doesn't take much effort, and it beats a dead battery.

The good news is, you don't need a recall or TSB to take your car in to have it checked out if something isn't working properly. There could be something wrong and you should have it checked out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2013 1.6L Base started the same thing about a month ago. I've double checked all the usual suspects - Driver door fully closed, light stalk position. 3 times now the lights were off when we left garage, but were on in the morning. Still puzzled!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2013 1.6L Base started the same thing about a month ago. I've double checked all the usual suspects - Driver door fully closed, light stalk position. 3 times now the lights were off when we left garage, but were on in the morning. Still puzzled!
Did you find out the issue? This is happening to my 2016 veloster right now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts