Veloster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to purchase a roof rack. Apparently Rola's are hard to come by (discontinued), so I've been shopping around for Thule racks. They say you need 58" square bars (the kit with square bars seem to be more available and cheaper, used, then the aeroblades). I'm not really a fan of how far they stick out. Have any of you with Thule racks gone any shorter with your bars?

If anyone has a set for sale, I'm interested in knowing that too!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yeah, I looked at roof racks to carry my bicycle and came away very disappointed. I found only one that would work and it was prohibitively expensive and it also require additional kit parts to carry the bicycle. I gave up and now I disassemble the bicycle and carry it in the back.
I need to mention that my car does have the sunroof, but I also feel the big problem is the glass on top along with not having any kind of drip rail or good wide steel body to receive the weight of what you would carry.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a full sunroof. I decided to go with a Thule rack. They are expensive, but I found a couple used parts that make it a little more reasonable. I think it'll come out to be around $300 after it's all said and done. I'll take a picture of it when I get all the parts in and have it installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts