Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened when I was riding my motorcycle through the NSW town of Sutton on Sunday afternoon, the 24th of August. Despite the accusation I was actually doing 50 in a 50 zone when the white Camry, which had been travelling at about 150 on the approach to the town, forced me off the road and abused me.

I took a copy of this helmet camera footage to the NSW Police at Queanbeyan on the morning of the 25th of August and made a statement. They have yet to take any action. They have not interviewed the driver; nothing. He is still driving and putting all road users at risk; drivers, motorcycle riders, bicycle riders, pedestrians, everyone.

NSW police are only interested in enforcing speeding as a means to raise revenue, and serious issues of road safety are of no consquence.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This driver has been charged with menacing driving with intent, which if found guilty carries a minimum licence disqualification of 12 months, with up to $3,300 fi, 18 months in jail and no maximum licence disqualification. With my film footage this driver must be found guilty.

During his minimum 12 months off the road this driver will have a chance to ponder the error of his ways. It seems that my complaint to the NSW minister of police and emergency services achieved something, but really he should have been charged without me having to chase this matter up.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Those dash / helmet cams are becoming more & more popular for things like this! Glad you weren't harmed & even more glad that your justice system in AUS actually takes action on cases like this. Here in the states it's a 50/50 chance that they take any action. Someone would actually have to be harmed for them to take any action.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I can't see video from work computer since I work for "Big Brother" but glad to see he is facing the music for his carelessness towards others on the road. Now that you have actual charges go "viral" and state the outcome of 'buttheads" adventure. I'll watch video from home, glad You weren't hurt.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a camera on the windscreen of my VT and a helmet camera more for insurance purposes than anything else, but in this instance the driver needs to be taught a lesson for the safety of other road users. I am sure he enjoyed his Christmas present!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well done pal......1 up for motorcycle riders, that Moran should be OFF the road permanently. I have a Bullethd camera on my bike and have plenty of footage of IDIOTS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts