Veloster Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Hyundai Veloster 1.6
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey the reverse camera on my 2012 doesn't work. When I put the car Into reverse the sensors work fine but the screen doesn't change at all, no black screen etc
Would thst mean the camera is knackered or is a proper with the entertainment unit?
I've had a look at the back but so far can't figure out how to access the camera or the wiring to check, is there an easy way to get to it?
Cheers

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,350 Posts
it's more likely the camera unit, have you tried a reset?

a camera is an easy replacement just a few tools. the hardest part is getting the plastic piece off in the hatch.

Reactions: b.gills

·
Registered
2012 Hyundai Veloster 1.6
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's more likely the camera unit, have you tried a reset?

a camera is an easy replacement just a few tools. the hardest part is getting the plastic piece off in the hatch.
I've done the reset on the screen in the csr if thats the one you mean?
I've not figured out how to get to the actual camera to test it although thsts what I'm hoping to do. I've found a used OEM camera from a wrecked veloster for £120 which is fine if I can guarantee its the camera that's the issue first.
If just the camera has failed then wouldn't the the screen still change when I put the car in reverse?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I believe it runs to the back of the head unit. I would start there and then it most likely runs under the trim baseboard where the bottom of the doors meet the tbe body. The rear wiper fluid runs there also and can disconnect under the right back passenger spilling fluid. My guess is the wire runs thefe also if not the other side. You could gake the plastic off the trunk hatch and check that the connected part on that end is also fine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I believe it runs to the back of the head unit. I would start there and then it most likely runs under the trim baseboard where the bottom of the doors meet the tbe body. The rear wiper fluid runs there also and can disconnect under the right back passenger spilling fluid. My guess is the wire runs thefe also if not the other side. You could gake the plastic off the trunk hatch and check that the connected part on that end is also fine.
The wiring actually runs along the driver side, iirc it was part of a 24-pin harness. I had to research it when I did a retrofit into my nav(non-turbo} that didn't come with the camera. I ended up running my own wiring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The wiring actually runs along the driver side, iirc it was part of a 24-pin harness. I had to research it when I did a retrofit into my nav(non-turbo} that didn't come with the camera. I ended up running my own wiring.
Please tell me where you researched this? I can't seem to get a answer anywhere, i have a manual Veloster 2013 re-mix.. Also have entire thing broke down to run my own wires to head unit back to above exhaust "hidden area" and still cant figure it out...Broke it down this far i might as well go ahead with whatever upgrade, yet id rather save money and use what I've already bought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts